How to generate core file?

  • ChengChangWu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
      I'm debugging a program which causes segmentation fault.

      When I debug it using gdb,

      [Switching to Thread 0xb65acb70 (LWP 2360)]
      0x00000062 in ?? ()

      When I run the program without gdb,
      Class / Object Routine Nature of exception Effect
      WCUT_MOTION_PROCESS root's creation Segmentation fault:
      <00000000B64EF63C> Operating system signal. Exit
      WCUT_MOTION_PROCESS root's creation
      <00000000B64EF63C> Routine failure. Exit

      How can I debug such a program? Because the Eiffel run time catches the operating system signal, I cannot generate core file for it.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
        Your trace seems to come from a finalized executable. You should first try with
        the workbench version and see what is going wrong in there. If the workbench
        version seems to work but not the finalized. You should enable `Exception Trace'
        in the advanced settings of your project to get a more details call stack at the
        point of failure that will help you find out the root cause of the failure.

        Hope this helps,
        Manu