Compiling in Experimental mode fails [was RE: [eiffel_software] Catcall detected]

  • Peter Horan
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2009
      I did not receive any response to this query.

      I wrote:
      > Using Eiffel 6.5, not in experimental mode, I still get the cat-call(s)
      > like "Catcall detected for argument#1 `args': expected TUPLE
      > [EV_FIGURE_PIE_SLICE] but got TUPLE [EV_FIGURE]".

      Manu suggested:

      > Most likely it is only fixed in the experimental mode. Can you try
      > and if this is still happen send a bug report with the full
      > callstack trace?

      I did this and replied:

      --
      Peter Horan Faculty of Science and Technology
      peter@... Deakin University

      -- The Eiffel guarantee: From specification to implementation
      -- (http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_eiffel.html)
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 2, 2009
        > Compiling in experimental mode gives two VCCH errors and three Obsolete
        > class warnings.

        You should not get any VCCH errors. Looking at the errors it seems that you must
        be referencing the wrong EiffelVision2 library or not compiling with the latest
        6.5 release. It should be `$ISE_LIBRARY/library/vision2/vision2.ecf'.

        As for the obsolete it is because now we are forcing the display of warnings even
        in our own library.

      • Peter Horan
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 2, 2009
          Manu wrote:
          > You should not get any VCCH errors. Looking at the errors it seems that you
          > must be referencing the wrong EiffelVision2 library or not compiling with
          > the latest 6.5 release. It should be `$ISE_LIBRARY/library/vision2/vision2.ecf'.

          All is as required.

          I suspect that a non-experimental compile intervened. (E.g. delete EIFGENs and then double-click on the .ecf file would do it).

          When I do that, the project compiles with 6.5 and then gives the VCCH errors. Switching to 6.5 experimental, the compiler asks the question about changing the library reference, but it picks up the old compile. If I force it to do a clean, the changeover works. It is a minor problem which will go away with "experiment" mode, but you may want to fix it for the short term.

          I have put the code on http://softmodels.com.au (don't forget the .au or you will find yourself somewhere unexpected).

          > As for the obsolete it is because now we are forcing the display of warnings even
          > in our own library.

          Interesting to know. I can live with that.