Re: EiffelBuild Questions

  • dciphercomputing
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
      I will look at the grid layout as it sound more like what I want. Thanks for the explanation about re-ordering controls.

      Simon

      --- In eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com, "larryliuming" <larryliuming@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Simon,
      >
      > To control column width of {EV_TABLE}, maybe you have to do it manually. It means you should change the minimum width of {EV_TABLE} items to control the column width in {EV_TABLE} resize actions. Maybe there are better solutions... BTW, I think {EV_GRID} is better than {EV_TABLE} in most cases, maybe you could try {EV_GRID} which can set column width directly ({EV_GRID_COLUMN}.set_width).
      >
      > To reorder widgets in a vertical box in EiffelBuild, if you want to move the 3rd widget up to the position of first widget:
      >
      > 1.Pick and drop 1st widget to the vertical box (now, this widget will be moved from 1st position to 3rd position).
      >
      > 2.Then you pick and drop 1st widget (the 1st widget after you did step 1) to the vertical box again. The widget will be moved from 1st position to 3rd position.
      >
      > 3.Now the original 3rd widget will be positioned at 1st position

    • Iliyan Gochev
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
        About the reorganization of widgets you could grab a widget with right mouse
        button click, hold down Shift, and place the widget into its new place.
        No need to move all the widgets.

        P.S. This is one of the Tip of the Day of EiffelBuild. You can read them
        through the Help menu, they aren't too many, but are helpful. :)

        Regards,
        Iliyan

        On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:57 PM, dciphercomputing <
        simonwhite@...> wrote:

        > I will look at the grid layout as it sound more like what I want. Thanks
        > for the explanation about re-ordering controls.
        >
        > Simon
        >

        > --- In eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com <eiffel_software%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "larryliuming" <larryliuming@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, Simon,
        > >
        > > To control column width of {EV_TABLE}, maybe you have to do it manually.
        > It means you should change the minimum width of {EV_TABLE} items to control
        > the column width in {EV_TABLE} resize actions. Maybe there are better
        > solutions... BTW, I think {EV_GRID} is better than {EV_TABLE} in most cases,
        > maybe you could try {EV_GRID} which can set column width directly
        > ({EV_GRID_COLUMN}.set_width).
        > >
        > > To reorder widgets in a vertical box in EiffelBuild, if you want to move
        > the 3rd widget up to the position of first widget:
        > >
        > > 1.Pick and drop 1st widget to the vertical box (now, this widget will be
        > moved from 1st position to 3rd position).
        > >
        > > 2.Then you pick and drop 1st widget (the 1st widget after you did step 1)
        > to the vertical box again. The widget will be moved from 1st position to 3rd
        > position.
        > >
        > > 3.Now the original 3rd widget will be positioned at 1st position

      • peter7723
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
          --- In eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com, "dciphercomputing" <simonwhite@...> wrote:

          > Secondly is it possible to change the order of controls in a Vertical
          > box? Let's say I added three widgets and realize that the 3rd widget
          > should be the first widget how can I move the 3rd width up to the
          > position of the first widget? The only solution I have found is to
          > delete the widgets and start again which is a problem.

          To position a widget in an unfilled container above/before another widget, hold down shift and then right-click to drop.

          Peter Horan
        • dciphercomputing
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
            Hi

            I know I saw a tip about this but I forgot about the shift-key part.

            Thanks,
            Simon

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
              In EiffelBuild I only see a grid under primitives not containers. So from an EiffelBuild perspective it does not seem possible to use a grid to layout the form as I cannot add primitives nor does it seam that I can add columns in EiffelBuild.

              If I have missed something please let me know.