Error in the GMP

  • colinlema
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 15, 2006
      It appears that there's an error in the GMP library that I found at
      http://www.pobox.com/~berend/eiffel/eiffelstruggle/2003/entries/gmp/GMP.zip

      In the file \gmp\externals\mpfr_functions.e on like 161
      The line is:
      "C (mpfr_ptr, char *t) | %"mpfr.h%""
      And should be:
      "C (mpfr_ptr, char *) | %"mpfr.h%""

      I'm not sure how the extra t got in there but it's in the distribution
      zip file and won't compile in EiffelStudio.

      I sent an email to the maintainer Chris Saunders, I'm also posting it
      here in case someone that reads this can make the change.
    • Chris Saunders
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 18, 2006

        I wrote this library and have improved/updated (GMP 4.2.1) it several times since it was first written.  I do not know how to provide updates to the site and would be happy to do so if this is possible.

        To the sender:  I have not received your personal email – my email address may have changed.  It is now evas@....  If you are interested in using this library I could personally send you an updated version.

        Regards,

        Chris Saunders

        evas@...

        • Chris Saunders
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006

            Hey Berend

            I’m currently working on a new version.  MPFR has just been updated to version 2.2.1 and I’m also trying to take advantages of recent changes to Eiffel itself.  When I’m done I’ll email you the new version as I don’t maintain a web site.

            P.S. I’m a Vulcan wannabe.

            Regards,

            Chris Saunders

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 5, 2006

              Find attached a new version of the library.

              Regards,

              Chris Saunders

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 6, 2006
                  Berend wrote:

                  > Please notify Roger to update your GMP page

                  I've updated the page:
                  http://eiffelzone.com/esd/gmp/index.html
                  Thanks Chris for sharing your software with others. Thanks Berend for
                  hosting the package.

                  Regards,
                  Roger Browne
                • Chris Saunders
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 11, 2006

                    To Berend de Boer and Roger Browne I have updated and corrected some errors in this library.  Find attached a newer version.

                    Regards,

                    Chris Saunders

                  • Berend de Boer