Re: ELKS and .NET

  • Franck Arnaud
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
      > The ability to link modules from different languages is not
      > new (...), and was never widely adopted.

      It's largely true, but there has been some instances of mixed
      languages in widespread use: on Unix, scripting languages associated
      with C libraries (python etc), and with Windows UIs with VB as glue
      for C/C++ UI components.

      > I do not believe it makes our work here obsolete or redundant.

      Agreed.

      > Furthermore we are not only specifying basic classes here. We are
      > also setting an example on how it should be done.

      We're constrained by the existing though, although there's
      still scope for doing good things within that constraint.