On vacation, hibernating or waiting for something?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2002
      Hello everybody!

      After the mast major effort (STRING), it seems we have trouble
      continuing the good work.

      One thing we should think about is what is most needed and
      should be done next.

      If we want some pause, we might want to fix a rough date
      when we will start again. Otherwise there is a risk that
      the acivity here will just quietly fade away. That would be
      a pity!

      An other thing is to consider how the currently started ECMA
      standardization of the language itself impacts what we do here.
      I certainly hope it will remove some of the problems we faced
      in the past.

      Any thoughts?

      Arno Wagner, Communication Systems Group, ETH Zuerich, wagner@...
      ----
      For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple,
      and wrong. -- H L Mencken