Re: [eiffel-nice-library] Specification of `is_xxx' in STRING

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2002
      Manu wrote:
      > ... In the BNF grammar we provided for the
      > `is_XXX' features in the STRING class. Did we incontiously accept white
      > spaces before the Sign, between the sign and the number and after the
      > number? ...

      No, whitespace is not accepted.

      We decided that stripping whitespace and parsing numbers are completely
      orthogonal. One reason is that the definition of "whitespace" may vary for
      different applications, or difference character sets. Therefore, whitespace
      stripping should be implemented in one place, not all over the features of
      many classes.