What's left for 2001?

  • gmc444
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2001
      I've been out of the loop for a while. So are we done for 2001, or is
      there more we can accomplish in the remaining days of this year?

      And what should we put on the agenda for 2002?

      Greg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2002
        On 10 December, Greg Compestine wrote:

        > I've been out of the loop for a while. So are we done for 2001, or is
        > there more we can accomplish in the remaining days of this year?
        >
        > And what should we put on the agenda for 2002?

        Here's a summary of what we've done and where we're at:

        ARRAY:

        The current standard is ELKS 2000 ARRAY. Since then, we have approved
        some tweaks to this class. There is the potential for some more tweaks,
        but at some stage I think we can put the latest version out as ELKS 2002
        ARRAY. Alexander Kogtenkov has pointed out an ambiguity relating to
        functions that return "like current" which we need to resolve.

        STRING:

        The current standard is ELKS 2001 STRING. No changes have been approved
        since then. Alexander Kogtenkov has pointed out an ambiguity relating to
        functions that return "like current" which we need to resolve, and Eric
        Bezault has raised some important issues.

        CHARACTER:

        The current standard is ELKS 95 CHARACTER. We did approve a few changes
        in order to make the specification of ELKS 2001 STRING possible. However,
        we decided not to finish off our revision of CHARACTER until we have
        considered its ancestors.

        ANY:

        The current standard is ELKS 95 GENERAL/ANY. We have approved the
        proposal to merge the features of GENERAL into ANY, and are now working
        our way through the features of class ANY. Details are summarised at:

        http://www.eiffel.demon.co.uk/nice/any/index.html

        UNICODE:

        If we can prevent divergence between the approaches being taken to
        Unicode by ISE/SE this would be worthwhile.