generator

  • Franck Arnaud
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 8:28 AM
      Roger:

      > What we are doing in the 'result_type' postcondition is using the
      > 'generator' feature _exactly_ how it was designed to be used. If we are

      Well, that's not how I understand it. I've always seen ANY.generator as
      something more like a debug aid (to put in print statements say)
      rather than something you should parse. Parsing data structures
      in strings, when the data does not come from outside the system,
      is a bit dubious I think.

      The very presence of 'generator' is at odds with an otherwise
      unreflexive language, maybe that's why I don't like using it.

      --
      franck@...