Role of Women

  • groovydig
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
      I am researching the role of women in Egypt during the Ramesside
      period (Dynasties XIX-XX).

      Does anyone have any information regarding the role of women
      (regarding royal and non-royal; marriage + divorce; diplomatic women
      and prominent women) and relevant primary and secondary sources?

      Thankyou
    • magickal_mari
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25 6:01 AM
        Stop Violence Against Women

        Help Stop Violence Against Women by clicking a button! Did you know
        that: In the US, a woman is raped every 6 minutes; a woman is
        battered every 15 seconds. In North Africa, 6,000 women are genitally
        mutilated each day. This year 2004, more than 15,000 women will be
        sold into sexual slavery in China. 200 women in Bangladesh will be
        horribly disfigured when their spurned husbands or suitors burn them
        with acid. More than 7,000 women in India will be murdered by their
        families and in-laws in disputes over dowries. Here's what you can
        do! Visit the Care2.com link & Click each day!! to generate a
        donation to Amnesty International's End Violence Against Women
        program. Forward this email to all of your friends to help support
        even more! Simply go to the site and click on the "End Violence"
        button. It takes 5 seconds. However, you're only allowed one donation
        per day, so tell everyone you know!
        http://stopviolence.care2.com