[EN] Re: Leftist & Left-Handed

  • Francis Assaf
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 1999
      Does anyone know the origin of the Spanish word for left "Izquierdo(a)"?
      Also, "left" in Arabic is "shemaal," which also means "north". Any connection?

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/egypt-net
    • Telford001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 1999
        Don't forget the infamous bar sinister in genealogy.

        Joachim Carlo Santos Martillo Ajami

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/egypt-net
      • Philip Rychel
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 1999
          My left-handed wife, Sharon, has taken great interest in this subject.

          She claims that August 13th is National Left-Handed Persons Day in the U.S.
          and has been since around 1972

          She also claims that there is NO such thing as Right-Handed Persons Day
          anywhere or at any time.

          So There!

          Phil

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/egypt-net