Reminder: Put Palestine on TV - Learn How This Saturday July 7, 2007 10 am - 2 pm

  • Zahi Damuni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2007

      Put Palestine on TV - Learn How at this Media Workshop

      Where: Al-Awda Center in Carlsbad

      When: Saturday July 7, 2007, 10 am - 2 pm

      Snacks provided during break

      Admission Free. All Welcome.

      Please advertise, call and invite your friends!

      • Planning for Television Production
      • Camera-Microphone Techniques
      • Interview Techniques
      • On-location Shooting
      • Editing
      • Broadcasting on Cable & Satellite
      • DVD Production and Distribution (Libraries & Schools)
      • Uploading Shows to the Web (Google, Myspace, Youtube, & Blip)
      • Part-Time Al-Awda Administrative/Media Assistant opportunity

      Workshop by:

      Dr. Ahlam Muhtaseb - a Palestinian assistant professor and researcher of public relations and media studies at California State University, San Bernardino. She is an active member of Al-Awda San Diego.

      Edward Sweed - co-founder Alternate Focus which produces and broadcasts weekly Arab East - related documentaries on public access stations in San Diego, New York and other cities. Ed earned his B. S. from Temple University in Philadelphia, and a Masters from San Diego State University. Before retiring he was a high school teacher of filmmaking. His students won local and state awards. He also has taught film courses in the extension programs at three local universities. He uses his filmmaking skills to promote justice and peace. Congressman Filner in Washington used his video, "The Stones Will Cry Out," which depicted the effects of the harsh 1996 immigration law.

      Andy Trimlett received his M.A. in Middle East Studies from the University of Washington and his B.A. in International Security and Conflict Resolution from San Diego State Univerity. He has worked with Alternate Focus since 2004. He has traveled throughout Europe and Turkey, through West Africa, and to Yemen, where he studied Arabic. Andy spent a year and a half as the General Manager (USA) of the Middle East Broadcasters Association. He currently works for KPBS TV/FM. Andy has produced and co-produced several programs for Alternate Focus, including Divesting from Violence: Presbyterian Policy in the Middle East. He also interviewed two former Israeli Soldiers for Burning Conscience: Israeli Soldiers Speak Out, and is currently producing a documentary about the recent war in Lebanon.

      See, Print and Distribute our Flyer

      Al-Awda's Community Center is located at 2734 Loker Avenue West Suite K, Carlsbad, CA 92010. From I-5, exit Palomar Airport Road and head East - make a left on Loker Avenue West (first left after you cross El Camino Real) and left into Carlsbad Crossroads business center (look for the large Carlsbad Crossroads sign). End 2734 Loker Avenue West Suite K.

      From I-15, exit I-78 West. From I-78 exit San Marcos Blvd and head West. San Marcos Blvd becomes Palomar Airport Road when you enter Carlsbad. Loker Avenue West will be on your right, past the Melrose Drive and El Fuerte intersections. Other directions as above.

      From El Camino Real, go East on Palomar Airport Road and make a (first) left on Loker Avenue West. Other directions as above.

      Parking is free - plenty available.

      For more information, contact:

      Al-Awda San Diego
      The Palestine Right to Return Coalition
      PO Box 131352
      Carlsbad, CA 92013, USA
      Tel: 760-685-3243
      Fax: 360-933-3568
      WEB: http://al-awdasandiego.org

      Support Al-Awda, a Great Organization and Cause!
      Become an Al-Awda Sustainer:
      Annual: http://al-awda.org/sustainers2.html