Re: [EN] Remembrances on 28 September

  • Sayed
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2002
      Re: [EN] Remembrances on 28 September As usual Sherif;
      A man of common sense.
      Thanks for expressing yourself, whether we agree or disagree, in clean and modest language.

      Sayed
      *****

      SafwatSherif@...

      Just like Sayed, i love Nasser.... I happen to disagree with nearly every thing he did, yet I still love him.

      Maybe I am "Brain washed"... But Nasser gave us hope, something our current leaders can not provide.

      Gamal Himdan has an amazing explanation about the collective "Egyptian state of Mind". He considers that Egypt managed to survive so many centuries by compromising... i.e you bend with the wind, you never confront the problem, you go round it. You do not stand up for your right, you negotiate...!

      Himdan named it :"The Marvel of Invalidity"

      We in Egypt recognise it.. And although most of us Egyptians are fellaheen, when we describe someone as "Fellah" we mean he is devious, you can never get a straight answer out of him.

      Sadat was a typical "Fellah", same with Mubarak... They get what they want, but the price is paid in dignity.

      Nasser was different, just like Adham ElSharkawy, Che Guivara or Ahmed Orabi.. They stood up against the mighty powers of the day and lost badly.... You may call them stupid, but humiliated oppressed nations would always love them...

      Sherif Safwat
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 1, 2002
        BTW: It was interesting to see the name of Che Guevara among
        Ahmad @raabi and Adham Elsharkawi. I believe Che died in action,
        which does not mean he 'lost badly'.

        Ahmed Zayan.

      • hatem_afandi
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 1, 2002
          Sayed,
          I think I owe you an apologie becuase my posting was a response to
          yours. I did not in anyway try to offend you. I don't think I did.
          Have a nice day,
          Hatem

          --- In egypt-net@y..., Sayed <sayed@m...> wrote:
          > Your language is expressing yourself;
          > You could find no better words to introduce yourself.
          >

          > Said
          > *****
          >

          > hatem_afandihatem_afandi@y...
          >
          > Then ask yourself again: What sin did the Egyptians commit to bring
          > that man on the top?
          > I am a proud Egyptian with only one shame: I come from a country
          that
          > was ruled one day by that retard!!!!!!!!
          > His "acheivements" started on 1956 with the first real Egyptian
          > military defeat, and ended yesterday with Bush approval of Israel's
          > annexation of Jerusalem.
          > Can anyone tell me how many innocent Egyptians died as a direct
          > result of his ignorance and stupidity?
          > I don't believe that any ruler in History in any country will
          > outperform his countless "acheivements".
        • Fatima bint Dawoud Abul-Khayr
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 1, 2002
            Very very good point A7med!

            --- Ahmed Zayan <ahmed_zayan@...> wrote:
            > BTW: It was interesting to see the name of Che
            > Guevara among
            > Ahmad @raabi and Adham Elsharkawi. I believe Che
            > died in action,
            > which does not mean he 'lost badly'.
            >
            > Ahmed Zayan.
            >
            > --- In egypt-net@y..., Sayed <sayed@m...> wrote:
            > > As usual Sherif;
            > > A man of common sense.
            > > Thanks for expressing yourself, whether we agree
            > or disagree, in
            > clean and
            > > modest language.
            > >
            > > Sayed
            > > *****
            > >

            > > SafwatSherif@s...
            > >
            > > Just like Sayed, i love Nasser.... I happen to
            > disagree with nearly
            > every
            > > thing he did, yet I still love him.
            > >
            > > Maybe I am "Brain washed"... But Nasser gave us
            > hope, something our
            > current
            > > leaders can not provide.
            > >
            > > Gamal Himdan has an amazing explanation about the
            > collective
            > "Egyptian state
            > > of Mind". He considers that Egypt managed to
            > survive so many
            > centuries by
            > > compromising... i.e you bend with the wind, you
            > never confront the
            > problem,
            > > you go round it. You do not stand up for your
            > right, you
            > negotiate...!
            > >
            > > Himdan named it :"The Marvel of Invalidity"
            > >
            > > We in Egypt recognise it.. And although most of us
            > Egyptians are
            > fellaheen,
            > > when we describe someone as "Fellah" we mean he is
            > devious, you can
            > never
            > > get a straight answer out of him.
            > >
            > > Sadat was a typical "Fellah", same with Mubarak...
            > They get what
            > they want,
            > > but the price is paid in dignity.
            > >
            > > Nasser was different, just like Adham ElSharkawy,
            > Che Guivara or
            > Ahmed
            > > Orabi.. They stood up against the mighty powers of
            > the day and lost
            > > badly.... You may call them stupid, but humiliated
            > oppressed nations
            > would
            > > always love them...
            > >
            > > Sherif Safwat

            http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • Sherif Safwat
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 1, 2002

              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 1, 2002
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 1, 2002
                  Sherif,

                  Western nations can always distinguish between their heroes.
                  Winston Churchill and Charles de Gaulle were wartime heroes and
                  their careers as politician ended when the war was over. Egyptians
                  and people of the Arab world in general cannot make this distinction
                  when it comes to their heroes, they make them their prophets!