This Weblog covers the cybernetic theory of ego death and ego transcendence, as defined in my main article, The Entheogen Theory of Religion and Ego Death and 1997 summary of the core Theory. This Theory incorporates the following topics:
- Block-universe determinism/Fatedness, the closed and preexisting future, tenseless time, free will as illusory, the holographic universe, and predestination and Reformed theology.
- Cognitive science, mental construct processing, mental models, ontological idealism, contemporary metaphysics of the continuant self, cybernetic self-control, personal control agency, moral agency, and self-government.
- Zen satori, short-path enlightenment, and Alan Watts; transpersonal psychology, Ken Wilber, and integral theory.
- Entheogens and psychedelic drugs, mystery religions, mythic metaphor and allegorical encoding, the mystic altered state, mystic and religious experiencing, visionary states, religious rapture, and Acid Rock mysticism.
- Loss of control, self-control seizure, cognitive instability, and psychosis and schizophrenia.
- Ahistoricity (nonexistence) of Jesus, Paul, Church Fathers, and Christianity in Antiquity; Christianity started after the Fall of Rome in 476. Edwin Johnson and Radical Critics.
Read the website and also read the postings here since Feb. 14, 2004.
My material is Copyright (C) 1985-2016 Michael Hoffman. All Rights Reserved. Cite "Michael Hoffman, Egodeath.com" or "Michael Hoffman, [URL]".
-- Michael Hoffman
Egodeath.com -- simple theory of the ego-death and rebirth experience
- Jun 10, 2001
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members can hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- Message posting is disabled.