Re: welcome two very special people!!!

  • dotl
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 1999
      Hi Tom.. I have a Bio on the creativeside site.and my lilac fairy egg, my
      spanish egg. the class for the victorian lamp is in the class room
      (somewhere!)(and I think my pram egg and maybe the crib egg too.. I sent a
      few things to mary as well..If you find them, please use them if you have
      room.. (if you find the class for the lamp.. I would love to have a copy (I
      had it on an old hard drive..and cant get it back right now.. would
      appreciate your help with this..)
      life is settling down after a VERY busy year, but I still have a heavy
      schedule for the rest of this week.. then watch me!!!!!!wooeeeee!!! I will
      be egging and minimaking like mad!!!!!!!
      lots of love
      dotl
    • Tom & Billie Yanez
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
        Hi guys,

        Dot mentioned someting about needing some of your permission to use any pics
        shared on this list on the eggersu. I will only use pics of those eggers
        that email and tell me its OK. Al;so some of you newbies, I'm going to fill
        up the next issue of the Eggers You mag with newbie pics, and small bios, so
        please send anything you'd like included my way.

        I'll have to make a link page to all the different egger mailing list there
        are.<G>

        HUgs,
        Tom

      • Tom & Billie Yanez
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 1999
          Dot and list,

          I am looking for 5 of you newbies to this list to send me jpgs of your
          work(or let me know If I already have them on the Creativeside pages) for
          inclusion in the next issue of the Eggers You magazine. Just need a small
          paragraph about you, where live, email address(Is it OK to use), and at
          least 2 pics. This includes you Dot, I know you are not new, put I don't
          recall using your work before.

          Hugs,
          Tom

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 1999
            I have some time to spare so thought it a good time to send some
            instructions for the pomander egg I love to make. It's a great one to teach
            also, as it isn't intimidating to a newbie!

            You need:
            a duck egg
            a suitable stand
            two decals
            epoxy resin (araldyte is great)
            a plastic flower
            a crystal bead
            a cotton bud
            a head pin
            an eyelet

            Divide the egg with a pencil mark into two sections. Find the centre from
            the top blow hole and enlarge this hole enough to take the eyelet. follow
            this line down approx one inch, and form a pattern of holes or slits

            \/
            /\

            or whatever you prefer. I fit in two patterns on each side of a duck egg.
            Your imagination can take over here!

            First Sketch:

            Paint the egg with an acrylic paint.

            Apply the decals to the front and back of the egg.

            Thread the bead onto the headpin. Then thread the flower on under the bead.
            Snip the cotton bud in half, and thread onto the headpin. Fix these
            components together with epoxy.

            Place some epoxy around the hole in the top of the egg, and place the eyelet
            into the hole.

            Seal the decals in place with a high gloss sealer.

            Glue the egg to the stand.

            Dip the wand you have made with the flower, bead, and cotton bud into your
            favorite essential oil. Pop it into the egg through the eyelet.

            Walla! a pomander!

            Redip the wand when you want to refresh the fragrance.

            Love
            dot

            This is all I found in the studios.

            hugs,