Re: [eggersdownunder] New Member

  • dorothy letch
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1, 2002
      welcome Rikki.. I am sure you will find lots of help with designs on this
      list.
      Where do you live ? Hopefully we can put you in touch with othere eggers in
      your area, or perhaps a club.
      I will look out some pics of eggs with bears as a theme and send them on the
      list.
      cheers
      dotl
      Clontarf Queensland
    • dorothy letch
      Message 2 of 18 , May 1, 2002
        Hi Rikki
        Yes there are kits available..
        Is there someone on the list who can point Rikki in the direction of a club
        in Sydney?
        and anyone selling kits??
        love
        dotl
        Rikki..if you dont get a reply re. the kits in a few days (and hopefully you
        will) let me know and I will put one together for you.
        love
        dotl
      • dorothy letch
        Message 3 of 18 , May 1, 2002
          I remember when I saw my first decorated egg (that wasnt chocolate!) I
          could'nt believe how beautiful it was, and being into all sorts of craft..I
          had to try it! all I had were chicken eggs..and a manicure set! I made some
          very nice xmas tree decorations with the eggs...and I was hooked!
          that was a while ago now!
          love
          dotl
        • rikkisbears
          Message 4 of 18 , May 1, 2002
            Hi,
            I've just been browsing Yahoo and came across this group.
            I'm interested in creating some eggs to go with my miniature bears.
            Problem is I haven't a clue as to where to start.
            What I hope to create is an egg that can be used as a type of cradle
            so as to be able to sit my ted in it.
            What would be the best way to get started ie books ?? any info would
            be greatly appreciated.
            Lovely to meet you all
            best wishes
            Rikki ( Rikki's Bears)
          • rikkisbears
            Message 5 of 18 , May 2, 2002
              Hi Dot,
              I'm actually in Sydney.
              What I'm really trying to find out is just the basics at this stage
              and if there's any books or anything that may help me learn. The
              whole process may be too complicated for me (heehee)
              My main interest is my miniature bears, and what I'm hoping to do is
              create something simple that will compliment my bears.
              My mum in law gave me an egg a couple of years ago and it is
              beautiful and very elaborate. I haven't set my sights that high.
              My favourite size bears that I make range from between 1 to 2 1\2
              inches and I think that eggs will compliment then nicely ( that's if
              I've got the talent to make them).
              I spotted a cute little egg in a jewellers yesterday which was quite
              simple but elegent. It started me thinking that it might be worth a
              try, so here I am.
              In the teddy world, most of us started off with kits. Is there such a
              thing in the eggers world.
              thank you
              best wishes
              Rikki

              --- In eggersdownunder@y..., "dorothy letch" <dotl1@o...> wrote:
              > welcome Rikki.. I am sure you will find lots of help with designs
              on this
              > list.
              > Where do you live ? Hopefully we can put you in touch with othere
              eggers in
              > your area, or perhaps a club.
              > I will look out some pics of eggs with bears as a theme and send
              them on the
              > list.
              > cheers
              > dotl
              > Clontarf Queensland
            • Ersilia
              Message 6 of 18 , May 2, 2002
                Hi Rikki,
                I am in Sydney but do not know of any website in Sydney that sells egg art kits.

                The websites I know of are:
                http://www.eggart.com.au/kits2.html
                http://www.eggdecorating.com/aboutourkits.html

                and from craft mags in newsagents, you will find a few listings of egg arts and artists & tutors,
                some in Sydney.
                Hope you find something to try!
                Teddy bears and eggs sound lovely together.
                regards,
                Ersilia
              • shirley thatcher
                Message 7 of 18 , May 2, 2002
                  rikki, where about in sydney do you live.  I travel down to the central coast quiet often to teach and one of my students lives in sydney she also teaches.
                  hope this helps
                  Shirley Thatcher
                  Peninsular Crafts

                • S & L Fletcher @ lips
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 2, 2002
                    Hi there
                    Give Rikki my email address and I can put them in touch with someone here in
                    Sydney
                    Linda
                    > Is there someone on the list who can point Rikki in the direction of a
                    club
                    > in Sydney?
                    > and anyone selling kits??
                    > love
                    > dotl
                    > Rikki..if you dont get a reply re. the kits in a few days (and hopefully
                    you
                    > will) let me know and I will put one together for you.
                    > love
                    > dotl

                  • rikkisbears
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 2, 2002
                      Hi Shirley,
                      I actually live in Turramurra.
                      Near Hornsby.

                      Thank you
                      best wishes
                      Rikki
                    • rikkisbears
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 2, 2002
                        Thank you Linda.
                        Mine is rikkisbears@...

                        best wishes
                        Rikki

                        --- In eggersdownunder@y..., "S & L Fletcher @ lips"
                        <lipservices@b...> wrote:
                        > Hi there
                        > Give Rikki my email address and I can put them in touch with
                        someone here in
                        > Sydney
                        > Linda

                      • rikkisbears
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 2, 2002
                          Thank you Dot & Ersilia,
                          I have checked out the 2 websites mentioned. Some of the eggs are
                          just perfect for what I want ( even a couple in the beginner eggs
                          section are ideal). The more advanced ones are simply gorgeous and
                          will give me something to strive towards.

                          I would like to thank everyone for their help. I can see how this
                          form of artwork can become very addictive.

                          best wishes
                          Rikki
                          http://www.rikkisbears.homestad.com

                          --- In eggersdownunder@y..., "Ersilia" <ccdream@i...> wrote:
                          > Hi Rikki,
                          > I am in Sydney but do not know of any website in Sydney that sells
                          egg art kits.

                          > The websites I know of are:
                          > http://www.eggart.com.au/kits2.html
                          > http://www.eggdecorating.com/aboutourkits.html
                          >
                          > and from craft mags in newsagents, you will find a few listings of
                          egg arts and artists & tutors,
                          > some in Sydney.
                          > Hope you find something to try!
                          > Teddy bears and eggs sound lovely together.
                          > regards,
                          > Ersilia
                        • rikkisbears
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 2, 2002
                            Hi Dot,
                            I noticed on the websites all the different kinds of eggs used ie
                            duck , quail etc, but no mention of chicken eggs. Are they also
                            suitable ? Even though I plan to get a kit for starters, hen eggs
                            would be a good cheap way to practice.

                            best wishes
                            Rikki

                            --- In eggersdownunder@y..., "dorothy letch" <dotl1@o...> wrote:
                            > I remember when I saw my first decorated egg (that wasnt
                            chocolate!) I
                            > could'nt believe how beautiful it was, and being into all sorts of
                            craft..I
                            > had to try it! all I had were chicken eggs..and a manicure set! I
                            made some
                            > very nice xmas tree decorations with the eggs...and I was hooked!
                            > that was a while ago now!
                            > love
                            > dotl
                          • dorothy letch
                            Message 13 of 18 , May 2, 2002
                              we tend to leave chook eggs alone..but they are great to start out on if
                              nothing else is available. I would put the braids and trims on first..and
                              them cut out any shapes you have (this way the glue and braid will
                              strengthen the edges of the cutout area) you can always tidy these up with
                              Manicure scissors.
                              love
                              dotl
                            • Nikklez
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 9, 2002
                                Hi all,

                                I am new here. I have just joined, I am beginning to look into
                                starting egg art, and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
                                I had a look in the photos section, and despite not being many, there
                                are some beautiful peices. I doubt I'll ever be as good as the
                                experts here, and I am in awe of their work. I am so excited.

                                I am in Canberra.

                                Nikki
                              • L.I.P.S
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 9, 2002
                                  Welcome Nikki,

                                  Which suburb in Canberra are you from?

                                  To other Eggers,
                                  Can anybody tell me where to buy Eggstands from in Sydney other than Kogarah
                                  at wholesale prices?

                                  Regards, Linda

                                  > I am new here. I have just joined, I am beginning to look into
                                  > starting egg art, and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
                                  > I had a look in the photos section, and despite not being many, there
                                  > are some beautiful peices. I doubt I'll ever be as good as the
                                  > experts here, and I am in awe of their work. I am so excited.
                                  >
                                  > I am in Canberra.
                                  >
                                  > Nikki

                                • Nikki Whatford

                                    > I am new here. I have just joined, I am beginning to look into
                                    > starting egg art, and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
                                    > I had  a look in the photos section, and despite not being many, there
                                    > are some beautiful peices. I doubt I'll ever be as good as the
                                    > experts here, and I am in awe of their work. I am so excited.
                                    >
                                    > I am in Canberra.
                                    >
                                    > Nikki

                                  • Davis Ponnudurai
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 10, 2002
                                      Hi Nikki,

                                      I am so excited to know that another egger is in Canberra. I do egg art, I
                                      live in Canberra, I was looking forward to meet somebody in Canberra who is
                                      interested in egg art. I have done this for a year now. I would love to
                                      contact you and talk to you about, egg art and maybe we can share ideas. If
                                      you are interested please contact me on this address. My phone number is 02
                                      62627143.

                                      Aruna

                                    • S & L Fletcher @ lips
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Sep 10, 2002
                                        Yes, I know canberra I use to live in Kambah and I still have a sister living in Page
                                        I will be in Canberra on the 28th Sept maybe we can meet?
                                        My email address is lipservices@bigpond .com
                                        Linda