October swaps

  • dorothy letch
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2001
      I closed the list for october..due to a very busy time here I have not been
      able to follow it up..I apologise for this.
      There were just three of us for the swap.
      Michelle Jeffries
      Carmel Bates
      and me.

      I suggest we continue, and I encourage others to join in..
      so.. I will reopen it now and will close it on November 9th. (next Friday)
      swaps kept to a value of $10.00
      can be made or purchased..or just stuff you have that is surplus to your
      needs..
      love
      dotl
    • Carmel Bates
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2001
        Now I know why all my mail kept coming back from the Postmaster !!!!!
        I said yes to the swap idea but I haven't a clue how it is to operate???? Dot what do we do?? Do we send a scans of what we could put together in a parcel for $10??? Each person pays the cost of the postage from their end ... 1 for 1 type of thing?? Never bee involved in something like this before so help help help.

        Cheers Carmel
      • dorothy letch
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2001
          Hi Carmel
          swaps and how they work.
          you let me know that you would like to be part of the swap ..
          I close the list on the 9th of November
          I pair you up with a partner
          I post the partners list  to the group.
          You exchange snail mail addresses PRIVATELY with your partner.
          you send your swap
          The swap can be anything you have or would like to make..to the value of $10.00
          can be pre arranged with your partner..but surprises are so exciting when the postie arrives!
          hope this helps!
          love
          dotl
        • Carmel Bates
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2001
            thanks Dot .. is there a size limit on what can be sent to the Downunder list.]
            Tried to send you e-mail at the address you gave me and couldn't get it through ... optusnet address
            then tried the downunder group with the same stuff .. all came back to me
            Could you send me one from your optusnet e-mail address so I can attach my mail and return to you. I'll try it that way.
            Cheers Carmel

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2001
              Hi again Dot .. just noticed one of them went through so I will try the other two again.
              Cheers Carmel
            • Eggsquisite Egg Craft
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 2, 2001
                G'day there dotl,
                count me in as well.....................
                what the heck -
                thanks
                Marilyn alias MadMaz

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 2, 2001
                  hey Maz! great to hear from you! I have put you in the swap list!
                  hope you are well.
                  love
                  dotl
                • dorothy letch
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 2, 2001
                    now we are cooking with gas!!!! got you on the list Maureen..and I think thats wonderful!
                    (hows Roger?)
                    love
                    dotl
                  • dorothy letch
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 3, 2001
                      Hi Maureen
                      I am so Glad to hear that Roger is on his way back to work..its been a tough year for you both I expect.. I often think about you both.
                      love
                      dotl
                    • dorothy letch
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 3, 2001
                        Hi Maureen..in my hurry to reply ..I got the impressin Roger was nearly well enoough to return to work..but maybe not the case? I am sorry if I read it wrong....
                        love
                        dotl
                      • Maureen Williams
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 25, 2001
                          Hi all

                          yeah, I might as well get in on the action too!

                          Cheers
                          Maureen

                          count me in as well.....................
                          what the heck -
                          thanks
                          Marilyn alias MadMaz

                          dorothy letch wrote:

                          Hi Carmelswaps and how they work.you let me know that you would like to be part of the swap ..I close the list on the 9th of NovemberI pair you up with a partnerI post the partners list  to the group.You exchange snail mail addresses PRIVATELY with your partner.you send your swapThe swap can be anything you have or would like to make..to the value of $10.00can be pre arranged with your partner..but surprises are so exciting when the postie arrives!hope this helps!lovedotl

                          ---

                        • Maureen Williams
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 25, 2001
                            Hi Dot

                            He's not doing too bad at the moment but is still off work. Keeping the fingers crossed but looks like this may be as good as it gets.

                            Cheers
                            Maureen