I want to know more

  • Robyn Johncock
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
      I would like to know more about the magazine and the group. Having just
      moved to Qld with family and mother, who also does eggs, we are looking for
      some groups to join.

      Many thanks

      Robyn

      >From: "Carmel Bates" <carmelmurphy@...>
      >To: "Downunder Group" <eggersdownunder@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [eggersdownunder] not dead just stretched .....
      >Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 13:32:33 +1000
      >
      >Was going to say stretched to the limit .... actually over-stretched would
      >cover it better. Will certainly pop up gain after I get this Queensland Egg
      >Decorator's Club Magazine finished and to the printer. It has been quite an
      >experience. Juggling urgent help needed by family etc has of course made
      >the deadline an incredible challenge. Do hope our members like what I've
      >been endeavouring to do with the magazine. Hopefully we may be able to
      >encourage new members as well. The new Management Committee is working
      >extremely hard so that the meetings (business end) will be shorter and
      >egging workshops will be plentiful and in depth. We've even just found out
      >that we can stay longer at the venue. The extra time will allow members to
      >work on their eggs and hopefully complete projects. Must fly now that I've
      >done my "Club Promotion" !!!!!! Wish all the Downunder Group lived closer
      >so they could come along. You can be a member for $20 per year and receive
      >our magazine and have access to the library facilities. Dot has asked me to
      >put a notice into this September publication regarding the Downunder Group
      >so hopefully that will get more to join our Internet Group as well.
      >
      >I'm off to have lunch so that I can get back to the magazine and put my
      >nose to the grindstone or come the next meeting, 2nd thursday of September,
      >and there will be no magazine for the members to collect. All members not
      >present at the meeting have their magazine sent by "snail mail".
      >
      >Cheers Carmel

    • Dorothy Letch
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
        Hi Robyn.. where did you finally settle in beautiful Queensland? and how do
        you like it?
        love
        dotl
      • Robyn Johncock
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
          Dot

          We have settled at Birkdale and love it. We are close to the Wellington
          Point school so the kids can walk to and from, and fairly close to several
          major shopping centres, not to mention the beach.

          Mum is starting to look for outside interests and joined a hospital group
          the other day, but it is not enough for her. I am happy to sit and do little
          as I run around after the kids a fair bit but Mum is getting bored. Most of
          our egg stuff is still in storage back in NSW, but it looks like Mum may
          have sold her house so she will be going back soon to pick up her things.

          I have to wonder why we didn't move up here sooner. Everyone has settled in
          so well and the weather is just amazing. I thought I might miss winter, but
          I was wrong, and I know I won't miss the 40 plus degree heat in summer.

          We must get up to see you sometime soon as we really haven't met a lot of
          people since we have been here.

          Robyn

          >From: "Dorothy Letch" <dottel@...>
          >To: <eggersdownunder@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [eggersdownunder] I want to know more
          >Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 06:53:36 +1000
          >
          >Hi Robyn.. where did you finally settle in beautiful Queensland? and how do
          >you like it?
          >love
          >dotl

        • Dorothy Letch
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
            we stayed at the Birkdale caravan park when we first came to Brisbane1
            (1986)
            we are on the Redcliffe Peninsula so please come and visit!
            ph
            3883 2266
            love
            dotl
            PS you are very close to Anne Roder a wonderful Miniaturist.
            lots of eggers go there for equipment, lessons and inspiration!
          • Carmel Bates
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
              Replied personally to your "hotmail" address ... Cheers Carmel