Re: Easter Eggs with silk ties

  • baggybum1
    Message 1 of 89 , Apr 6, 2001
      not with silk but a cheaper type, try onion skins
      both red and the brown onion skins can be used,
      bag and then when you are ready to use them put them
      in water over night to rehydrate them and then the
      next day fill your eggs with water ( this keeps them
      from floating) wrap the onion skins around the shells
      try to keep them in the water so that they do not
      empty and then wrap cord around the shell so fastening
      the skins in place put them into a pan of water and
      then bring to the boil simmer for about 30 mins, you
      can the empty the water out and allowe the eggs to
      cool, when you unwrap them you will find that the onion
      skins have stained the shells in the most loveliest of
      designs all you need do is varnish them, perhaps real
      silk will act the same way,, in fact anything that the
      colour will transfer or run on will do the same as the
      onion skins I should think... try and let me know..
      Happy Egging Eggy Annie BB1
    • teenie_lt
      Message 89 of 89 , Feb 8, 2002
        I'm not saying anything�. But have a look at <a href=http://teens4u2.da.ru target=new>http://teens4u2.da.ru</a> and see for yourself.