[efiwebheads] Re: welcome Lavern

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2000
      At 01:00 AM 1/14/00 -0500, you wrote:
      >Thank you maggi for that warm welcome .I like you already
      >I am Jamaican by birth ,
      >I am a fashion designer , but work as a pattern maker at the moment
      >I am looking forward to the class , as you can see my English is a shame
      >but That is why I am hear too ,
      >Bridgett ho you all can call me Bridgett

      Hi again Bridgett and other webheads,

      I thought the welcomes and Bridgett's replies were interesting and I've
      posted them all to Bridgett's web pages. All the English has been
      corrected, so if you wrote, check here to see if you can spot the places
      where your English has been corrected.

      Guys, here's the URL:

      http://members.tripod.com/vstevens/efi/lavern.htm

      I think if you can find where what you wrote has been changed, it can help
      you improve your English. But only if you check and compare.

      That's all for now,

      Have a nice weekend (I'm just finishing up mine, Thursday and Friday)

      Vance
    • Michael Coghlan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 15, 2000
        At 01:06 AM 14/1/00 -0500, Bridgett wrote:
        >Thank you michael
        >I do like reggae and cricket every Jamaican love reggae and cricket
        >out team is'it doing so well but we are still with Them

        And I think they need lots of support. I guess most people on this list
        won't know much about cricket (they probably think it's a crazy game!) but
        the West Indies (where Jamaica is) used to be the most powerful team in
        world cricket and now they are down at the bottom. It's a bit sad. Some
        people say it's because young West Indians these days are all more
        interested in basketball because they can get more money that way.

        And somebody from Brazil (Nicia?) wrote that they like cricket. I'm amazed.
        I didn't think people in Brazil would know about it. Cricket is mostly
        played in countries where the English used to govern.

        About reggae - what reggae music are people in Jamaica listening to these
        days? I used to love Bob Marley (of course) and Peter Tosh but they are
        both dead now.

        Michael Coghlan

        email: michaelc@... (home)
        michaelc@... (work)