[efiwebheads] Latest chat logs

  • VanceStev@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2000
      Hi Webbies!

      I'm still in San Francisco. I'm helping my son Glenn move from a house far
      from his university to a room closer to where he goes to school. We'll
      finish this today, and tomorrow we'll take off for a family outing somewhere
      in the San Francisco area.

      The following day, Bobbi and Dusty and I fly to Milan on our way back home to
      Abu Dhabi. We'll spend a few days in Italy before finally returning at the
      end of the Eid celebrations there.

      Michael has just sent me the chat logs from December 12 and 19. I've put
      them up linked to our chat page at

      http://members.tripod.com/vstevens/efi/chatlogs.htm#latest

      I won't be in class next Sunday the 9th because I'll be flying on that day.
      But I look forward to seeing Ying Lan and Gloria again on the 16th, along
      with anyone else who can make it to the class.

      I hope to hear from everyone by email.

      All the best for the new year,

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2001
        March 25, 2001 -
        http://www.homestead.com/vstevens/files/efi/chat2001/wfw010325.htm

        Clocks in the northern hemisphere had just sprung forward and those in
        the southern hemisphere had just fallen back an hour, putting those
        affected two hours apart from one another, and this could have affected
        attendance at our weekly session. Ying Lan and Vance were not affected
        and appeared at what was for them the normal time. For Maggi it was an
        hour later than usual, while Michael joined us an hour earlier in the
        evening compared to when he usually did. However, Webheads is not
        affected by clocks going forward or back; Webheads meets at noon GMT,
        which does not fluctuate during the year.

        I was alerted to the start of our online class by Ying Lan's voice
        calling from my computer. Most of the chat took place in our Excite chat
        room, and was therefore not recorded. However when Ying Lan left,
        Michael and Vance and Maggi tried to get into the Palace at
        plantation.chatserve.com but it wasn't 'up' at the time.

        We therefore tried another Palace Maggi and I had found the week before,
        mycorner.xsia.com. This Palace doesn't let you hang out for long at its
        gateway, but hurries you down a path to a village where the first three
        huts on the right are hot-linked to other areas. Michael and Vance
        decided to try the Waterfall and Hang Glider rides. The Hang Glider ride
        is expecially recommended, and Michael and Vance got to where they could
        do it together (while Maggi waited at the village). Michael questioned
        the pedagogical value of these rides but nevertheless wanted to have a
        second go.

        Meanwhile, Juani appeared in Homestead and on Yahoo chat and gave us the
        good news that she had been acceped for a Fullbright Teacher Exchange
        Program, and would be spending a year in Mississippi while an American
        teacher enjoyed a year in Chile (lucky American teacher, Vance said --
        great opportunity for that teacher and for Juani!!) By then, Vance had
        to dash off to participate in a running event, so if there's more, Maggi
        or Juani can tell us about it.

        Next week, if you want to join us, Michael and I can show you how to
        Hang Glide at the Palace.
        mycorner.xsia.com:9998 if you want to practice beforehand.

        Hope to see you there (or at http://www.homestead.com/vstevens), noon
        GMT Sunday.