[efiwebheads] Say when

  • Choi Hae-Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 1999
      Hi everyone?

      It is about the expression of " Say when". This is
      used when someone pour drink to others asking if the
      amount of drink is enough. Can I reply " When" ?
      That's enough and ok are good too.
      But, is "when" old fashioned?

      Anybody knows?

      =====

      갖고 싶은 전자우편 주소, @...
      http://mail.yahoo.co.kr 에서 무료로 받으세요.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 1999
        Hi,

        YES! You can say "when".

        This is considered to be a good joke.

        If someone is pouring you a drink and they say to you, "say when" you're
        supposed to wait until you think they've poured you enough, and then you say
        something like, "Oh, thanks, that's enough." But if you way, "When", people
        think it's funny.

        Another good joke is to not say anything and wait till the drink starts
        spilling over the top of the glass.

        A friend of mine used to say to me, if I was pouring his drink from my
        bottle, "Pour it like you didn't own it!" I used to think that was funny.

        Vance