[efiwebheads] Re: New Topic

  • smith@dstech.com.br
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
      I can remember all the details about it. My present wife and I were participating
      in a theater course and every day we exchanged sights. We had been in the same
      course for over 2 months and sometimes we exchanged sights but she had a boyfriend
      at that time. But when she had an argue with him I made advantage of it and
      invited her to go out for a dinner. We started dating that night. And here we are
      together for over 8 years.

      Michael Coghlan wrote:

      > Hello everyone.
      >
      > Here is the new weekly topic for webhead writing:
      >
      > TELL US WHERE AND HOW YOU MET YOUR PARTNER (wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend)
      >
      > If you don't have a partner tell us how you would you like to meet him or
      > her.
      >
      > I don't have time to write my story at the moment but I think the topic is
      > clear enough. I'll write mine later in the week.
      >
      > You can still send in writing about your hometown if you wish. There's no
      > time limit.

      > I'll be away at a conference for the next few days. I'll be back on Friday.
      >
      > Till then,
      >
      > Michael Coghlan
      >
      > email: michaelc@... (home)
      > michaelc@... (work)

      > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/765
      >
      > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/efiwebheads
    • Stefan Doty
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
        Hi Anurag Chhabra

        Hi...everyone is welcome here...jump in, the water is warm!

        Maggi (the crazy teacher here) :-)
      • Anurag Chhabra
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
          Hi all,

          I am Anurag from India. Joined this group just out of curiosity some time
          back. But was too cautious to participate earlier.

          Meanwhile, had the pleasure to go through some really nice, sweet and
          pleasurable mails. Felt close to the group and finally decided to post my
          views.

          But one thing still worries me. As i see it, the group revolves around the
          effective use of English language. Now as such that is not a issue for
          me (as it was medium of instruction at school and college). So can i still
          be a member?

          Please clarify.

          regards
          :anurag
        • Michael Coghlan
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
            Anurag - welcome! I would like to echo Maggi's comments and assure you that
            all are welcome here. This listserv does exist to promote the effective use
            of English, but also to promote online friendships so it may be that you
            can help others with their English just by posting to the list. I
            personally would enjoy the perspectives of someone living in India. I don't
            think there are any other webheads from India.

            So welcome!

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 1999
              Hello Anurag, and welcome to our community ...

              Your email is itself nice, sweet, and pleasurable. I'm heartened that an
              outside observer would warm up to our group in this way and eventually come
              to feel like an insider.

              You are correct that the impetus for our group is to help people to learn
              English. (Impetus, for the language learners in our group, means an
              original reason to get something started.) I'm sure that people join our
              group because they feel it might help them with their English, but they
              probably stay with the group for other more humanistic reasons in addition
              to language improvement. Of course we do try to help people with their
              English, but we do so by correcting the the things that they WANT to write.
              We are in other words, communicative. We provide not only correction, but
              an audience and feedback for one another. We also provide an opportunity to
              learn more about and share expertise in web-based and multimedia technology.

              If you feel an affinity for the group, as we do, then you are welcome to
              participate and contribute in any way that you would like to. Your level of
              English would be appreciated by those in the group who would like to
              communicate with you and learn more about you and how you live in your part
              of the world.

              You "joined" the group when you subscribed to efiwebheads@egroups.com. So
              you have been a welcome member for some time. If you would like to
              introduce yourself, send pictures, or tell us more about where you live, we
              would appreciate hearing from you.

              Sincerely,

              Vance