RE: [efiwebheads] Re: Double Anniversary! Felix and Ying Lan!!, 9/13/2008, 12:00 am

  • Denilson de Borba
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2008
      Hi my nice friends!

      Tens years wow !!!

      At the begin I join this group because my dream was to work in States, and yes! I went to states and I did lots of virtual nice friends here.

      I worked two years abroad, than i returned to Brazil, i tried to run my own bussiness (a beach bar), but that didn´t work out.

      So, i returned to my field computing and I started to work with city transportation automation... From five years working at Florianopolis south of Brasil, than I was hired to do the same job in Brazilia, Brazil'a capita. were i worked to last week.

      In this 10 years, I improved my english skills, I work abroad, I step foward working from techinician to a director (my last job), I get married and now my kid has 5 years old.

      What I tried do say ?

      That lot´s of things pass by my life, but some really importants are still with me, and be part of webheads and keep this friendship is one of most important things in my life, because you are with me during the bad and good moments.

      Just real friends are with us and good and bad moments.

      If you are a webhead as me, sometimes with shame because you are not writing to our group don´t worry, here we have just friends!!!

      And friends will be with you, it does matter with happens!

      Save web heads! life long to us! walking for the next ten years!!!

      Thank you teachers, thanks students!

      With love,

      Dan

      Denilson de Borba
      ddenilson@...

      To: efiwebheads@yahoogroups.comFrom: vstevens@...: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:05:41 +0000Subject: [efiwebheads] Re: Double Anniversary! Felix and Ying Lan!!, 9/13/2008, 12:00 am

      Hi everybody,Actually this is a triple anniversary. You might notice that exactlyten years ago today the Writing for Webheads YahooGroup was formed andattracted its first two students: Ying Lan's web page: http://prosites-vstevens.homestead.com/files/efi/efw_ying.htmFelix's web page: http://prosites-vstevens.homestead.com/files/efi/efwbahia.htmThis group was quite active for three years but began to wane in 2002.However, in that year, Webheads in Action was formedhttp://webheads.info and that group has been going strong ever since.We have set up a wiki for people to write what they think aboutWebheads, at http://webheads10years.wikispaces.com/Michael wrote a few days ago to let you know about the Voicethread at:http://voicethread.com/share/187383/Here you can leave a video or voice recording if you wish.I think if you visit the wiki you'll get an idea of how webheads hasdeveloped over the past few years and learn more about what isinvolved with this group.Meanwhile happy anniversary, and I hope you'll come help us celebrate.Join us online at http://tappedin.org at noon GMT Sunday Sept 14 ifyou'd like to text chat live with other Webheads. There will also bea WiZiQ session at that time, and all are welcome.Best,Vance--- In efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com, efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com wrote:>> Reminder from: efiwebheads Yahoo! Group> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/efiwebheads/cal> > Double Anniversary! Felix and Ying Lan!!> Saturday September 13, 2008> All Day> (This event repeats every year.)> > Notes:> Ying Lan and Felix both registered with the Writing for Webheadsclass on September 13, 1998. They were the first students to registerfor the new class, but both had been meeting Michael, Maggi, and Vancein live '3-D' classes at the Palace on Sundays for months before that.> > Since then, Ying Lan appeared for years at almost every live onlinechat class we held, and both she and Felix have dropped in on us thispast year. So if you join our chat at noon GMT any Sunday, you cansometimes meet them there.

    • Juana Angela Barrientos
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2008
        Happy Anniversary for both,Ying Lan and Felix. When I came to webheads it was Felix who inivted me.
        Unfortunately I can't always be online on Sundays, but I read all emails and follow the activities I can.

        Best wishes for everyone,

        Juani