Re: [efiwebheads] warm helloS

  • emandache monica
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 6, 2007
      hy Sezen. i am Monica and i am new on this group and i know a little spek english, but i 'd llike to ask you something that you know. what you recomand me to visit if i'll come in your country. a place where i can come for holydays, near the sea..
      i hope that you can tell me, as you are from Turkey and you can help me.
      me, i was thinking of Antalya. what is your opinion?
      thanks and i wait for your answer.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 6, 2007
        Hi Monica,

        I would like to answer this question. Depends on what are you looking for. If you ask me Antalya / Kemer or Belek good choice. There are many luxury hotels there and not very expensive. But these days are high season and more expensive. Also I can recomend Bodrum. Bodrum is a very nice town for holiday.

        I am sure you can enjoy where ever you come.

        Huseyin

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 6, 2007
          Hi Monica, I also suggest you to come Antalya,Bodrum,Izmir and Istanbul. I live in Istanbul and Istanbul is a great place to visit as well..It is your choice:)

          -Sezen

          I am Sezen,20,F from Turkey/Istanbul. .I am a student at English Language Teaching department, so I am very good at English..If you happen to ask any questions, I will be glad to answer them,be sure.
          I am very happy to be a member of this group.Hope to hear from you soon..Bye:)

          -Sezen

          your free account today http://uk.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=44106/ *http://uk. docs.yahoo. com/mail/ winter07. html

          http://searchmarket ing.yahoo. com/

        • emandache monica
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 6, 2007
            hello. thank you very much, Huseyin and Sezen for your recomandation. i was looking something for a confortable vacation - like honey moon, but not expansive.
            i can't wait to see those places.

            talk to you soon. monica

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7, 2007
              --- In efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com, sezen arslan <sezen_arslan@...>
              Hi,Sezen,
              It is nice to hear from you. I am lily. I am from China. I am glad to
              know you are so good at English. I am studying English by myself. If
              I have some questions, I will ask you without restraint^^

              wrote:

              > Hi there!
              > I am Sezen,20,F from Turkey/Istanbul..I am a student at English
              Language Teaching department, so I am very good at English..If you
              happen to ask any questions, I will be glad to answer them,be sure.
              > I am very happy to be a member of this group.Hope to hear from you
              soon..Bye:)

              > -Sezen

            • annapurna sahai
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 7, 2007
                Hello Sezen,
                I'm Anna from India.I'm very happy to know that
                you are a very good at english.Im a house wife. I am
                eager to learn english .And I think i can learn many
                things from you. How much defferences in the time from
                India to Turkey? I want to know this I live a small
                village. This is why i am very weak in english .I hope
                u will help me. Plz. do correct my sentences,because i
                want to learn. Thanks
                Anna

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 11, 2007

                  I've just returned home to Abu Dhabi from several weeks of traveling
                  in Spain, France, and the USA.

                  It has been a great pleasure to see your messages and to see some life
                  coming back into the group.

                  I started Writing for Webheads in 1998, almost ten years ago. For a
                  while it was a VERY active group. We used to record our chats, and
                  you can see the activity from the early years. I guess the best ones
                  are from around 2001. You can see the transcripts here:
                  http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/chatlogs.htm

                  Our group was so successful that it attracted a lot of teachers, and
                  these voices suppressed the students in the group. Eventually, in
                  2002, the teachers formed their own group:
                  http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads_evo.htm

                  But the student group never really came back as it had before. One
                  reason was that in those days, before it became easy for anyone to
                  create a blog or write on a wiki, I had to maintain all the web pages.
                  This became too much work. I could no longer do it.

                  Now, I'd like to see the group grow in a way that each of you creates
                  and maintains his/her own web page somewhere.

                  One place for that is our wiki. If you visit our Yahoo Group home page:

                  you will see at one of the links that there is a wiki, where it says
                  Put your details up at M4W Wiki:
                  http://moodle4webheads.pbwiki.com/LanguageStudents

                  Any of you can write here. The password is 'participant'

                  I encourage you to post your introduction. To do this you
                  - click on Edit Page,
                  - put in the password 'participant',
                  - put the cursor after a bulleted item at the bottom,
                  - hit enter to make a new bullet,
                  - and then write your name and a name for your own wiki page. Follow
                  the pattern (no spaces, capital letters for your name and country,
                  like VanceUae for example).
                  - Make the page name in your bulleted item link to a new wiki page
                  - and save the LanguageStudents page.

                  Then click on your link, create the new page with the name you gave
                  it, and you can edit the new page any way you like. Don't forget to
                  SAVE when done.

                  You can make more changes later on your page. Just click on its link
                  to open it, select Edit Page, write in the password, update the page,
                  and save it.

                  I've done this already with everyone who has written us in the last
                  couple of weeks. I've started your new pages. All YOU have to do is
                  click on your links and then edit your pages any way you like. You
                  can add photos, link to media, there are many possibilities. The
                  password for all the pages in the wiki is participant.

                  Make sure you keep a copy of any changes you make. If something gets
                  put in by mistake we might have to set the wiki back to a previous
                  version. If that happens you'll need a copy of your work so you can
                  put your page back the way it was. It's always a good idea to back up
                  any work you do on a computer.

                  If you have questions, write and ask. I'm sure there are many here
                  who will be happy to help.

                  Best,
                  Vance

                  --- In efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com, annapurna sahai
                  <sahaiannapurna@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Sezen,
                  > I'm Anna from India.I'm very happy to know that
                  > you are a very good at english.Im a house wife. I am
                  > eager to learn english .And I think i can learn many
                  > things from you. How much defferences in the time from
                  > India to Turkey? I want to know this I live a small
                  > village. This is why i am very weak in english .I hope
                  > u will help me. Plz. do correct my sentences,because i
                  > want to learn. Thanks
                  > Anna
                  > --- sezen arslan <sezen_arslan@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi there!
                  > > I am Sezen,20,F from Turkey/Istanbul..I am a student
                  > > at English Language Teaching department, so I am
                  > > very good at English..If you happen to ask any
                  > > questions, I will be glad to answer them,be sure.
                  > > I am very happy to be a member of this group.Hope to
                  > > hear from you soon..Bye:)
                  > >
                  > > -Sezen
                • Delin Chiao
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 11, 2007
                    Hi, Vance and everyone,

                    I try to log in and edit new page. However, it's not successful in the website, M4W Wiki:
                    http://moodle4webhe ads.pbwiki. com/LanguageStud ents. How can I do it?

                    Regards,
                    Delin

                    主 旨: [efiwebheads] Put your introductions at our WIKI

                    Hi everyone,

                    http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ efiwebheads/

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 11, 2007
                      Hi Delin,

                      The correct link (copied from my browser) is
                      http://moodle4webheads.pbwiki.com/LanguageStudents

                      the password is

                      participant

                      What is the problem you are having? I'm sometimes getting timeout
                      error messages at PBWiki today. When that happens I just hit REFRESH
                      (maybe a couple of times).

                      Let me know if you continue to have problems. I am there now.

                      While here, checking that it's working, I created a page for you:
                      http://moodle4webheads.pbwiki.com/DelinTaiwan

                      You can go directly there and EDIT your page.

                      Vance

                      --- In efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com, Delin Chiao <derli1212@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > <sahaiannapurna@ ...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hello Sezen,
                      > > I'm Anna from India.I'm very happy to know that
                      > > you are a very good at english.Im a house wife. I am
                      > > eager to learn english .And I think i can learn many
                      > > things from you. How much defferences in the time from
                      > > India to Turkey? I want to know this I live a small
                      > > village. This is why i am very weak in english .I hope
                      > > u will help me. Plz. do correct my sentences,because i
                      > > want to learn. Thanks
                      > > Anna
                      > > --- sezen arslan <sezen_arslan@ ...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > Hi there!
                      > > > I am Sezen,20,F from Turkey/Istanbul. .I am a student
                      > > > at English Language Teaching department, so I am
                      > > > very good at English..If you happen to ask any
                      > > > questions, I will be glad to answer them,be sure.
                      > > > I am very happy to be a member of this group.Hope to

                    • meri silalahi
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                        I confuse to join this class to writer. I very hope to writing to other.
                        I want to study in frans by scholarship but this yaer I cannot get sholarship but next year there invite me to application again.
                        My wriring very bad about my vision in futere. Until now I still writing the letter about my vision. I hope you can help me to correction my writing. And give me advise about my writing.
                        Woul you mind to helping me?

                        Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote: Hi everyone,

                        <sahaiannapurna@...> wrote:

                        > Hello Sezen,
                        > I'm Anna from India.I'm very happy to know that
                        > you are a very good at english.Im a house wife. I am
                        > eager to learn english .And I think i can learn many
                        > things from you. How much defferences in the time from
                        > India to Turkey? I want to know this I live a small
                        > village. This is why i am very weak in english .I hope
                        > u will help me. Plz. do correct my sentences,because i
                        > want to learn. Thanks
                        > Anna
                        > --- sezen arslan <sezen_arslan@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hi there!
                        > > I am Sezen,20,F from Turkey/Istanbul..I am a student
                        > > at English Language Teaching department, so I am
                        > > very good at English..If you happen to ask any
                        > > questions, I will be glad to answer them,be sure.
                        > > I am very happy to be a member of this group.Hope to
                        > > hear from you soon..Bye:)
                        > >
                        > > -Sezen

                      • Syed Iqbal
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 19, 2007
                          Hi Meri
                          Most of us are learning except native English speakers, even though some of
                          them believe, that learning is a never ending process, even if it is your
                          own language, you learn something new every now and then.
                          We will be pleased to see chunks of your writing here and would love to give
                          our valuable feedback. Sometimes I have come up with my short compositions
                          to seek guidance from Vance and others and they never disappointed me.
                          Hopefully you will find this advice workable.

                          Kind regards
                          Syed