Re: Weekly online SKYPECAST, 5/14/2006, 12:00 pm

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2006
      Hi Webheads,

      I've set up a Webheads Skypecast to be available Sunday at noon GMT
      (for the maximum allowable time of 2 hours) at
      http://snipurl.com/wia_skypecast

      We'll use http://www.tappedin.org as the chatroom, which is where
      everyone meets at that time anyway. So anyone can join us in text
      chat at Tapped in and anyone at TI can skype in if so inclined.

      If you want to try out this way of talking online, and if you're
      registered with Skype, please feel welcome to join us this or any
      Sunday at any time between noon and 14:00 GMT.

      Vance

      --- In efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com, efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com
      wrote:

      > Reminder from the Calendar of efiwebheads
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/efiwebheads/cal
      >
      > Weekly online chat class
      > Sunday May 14, 2006
      > 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
      > (This event repeats every week.)
      >
      > Notes:
      > Webheads meets live online at noon GMT every Sunday (for around 2
      hours). All are welcome.

      > What time is that where you are?
      > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html
      >
      > Text chat - Meet at Tapped In, an online environment for students
      and educators.
      > Start at http://www.tappedin.org/new and /join VanceS or go
      to /reception and find us there.

      > There's more information about the chat tools we use here:
      > http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/software.htm
      >
      > Voice chat - Hear and see us on Yahoo Messenger
      > voice and web-cam chat
      > Look for vance_stevens on Yahoo Messenger
    • Graham Stanley
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2006
        Hi Webheads,

        On 5/14/06, Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:

        > Hi Webheads,
        >
        > I've set up a Webheads Skypecast to be available Sunday at noon GMT
        > (for the maximum allowable time of 2 hours) at
        > http://snipurl.com/wia_skypecast

        I was Skypecasting today for EFL Bridges (http://www.eflbridges.com), as
        part of the World Bridges anniversary weekend, and learned some interesting
        things.

        You can use Skype for chat if you start a chat with one participant and then
        (as long as they are in your contacts list), you can add everyone to the
        same chat session.

        Although the maximum that a Skypecast allows you to set is 2 hours, the
        connection will stay open for another 2 hours. The only thing that will
        happen is that nobody else can join through the URL after 2 hours.

        I found this out by chatting to a language teacher., Heron Stone, who is now
        starting to use Skpye and Skypecasting for teaching, and he's spent the last
        week pushing the boundarfies to see what can and can't be done. Venny (who
        was at our meeting too ) and I told him about Webheads, and I think he's
        going to be joining in the Skypecast later today. He has a very interesting
        theory about English language learning for speakers of English originally
        from Asia that you should ask him about.

        We'll use http://www.tappedin.org as the chatroom, which is where
        > everyone meets at that time anyway. So anyone can join us in text
        > chat at Tapped in and anyone at TI can skype in if so inclined.

        If you want to try out this way of talking online, and if you're
        > registered with Skype, please feel welcome to join us this or any
        > Sunday at any time between noon and 14:00 GMT.
        >
        > Vance

        I won't be able to join you today I'm afraid, but I'll be with you in spirit

        Best Regards

        Graham

        Graham Stanley
        http://blog-efl.blogspot.com