Weekly online chat class, 5/14/2006, 12:00 pm

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2006
      Reminder Reminder from the Calendar of efiwebheads
      Weekly online chat class

      Sunday May 14, 2006
      12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
      This event repeats every week.

      Notes:
      Webheads meets live online at noon GMT every Sunday (for around 2 hours). All are welcome.

      What time is that where you are?
      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html

      Text chat - Meet at Tapped In, an online environment for students and educators.
      Start at http://www.tappedin.org/new and /join VanceS or go to /reception and find us there.

      There's more information about the chat tools we use here:
      http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/software.htm

      Voice chat - Hear and see us on Yahoo Messenger
      voice and web-cam chat
      Look for vance_stevens on Yahoo Messenger
      Dow

      Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2006
        Hi Webheads,

        I've set up a Webheads Skypecast to be available Sunday at noon GMT
        (for the maximum allowable time of 2 hours) at
        http://snipurl.com/wia_skypecast

        We'll use http://www.tappedin.org as the chatroom, which is where
        everyone meets at that time anyway. So anyone can join us in text
        chat at Tapped in and anyone at TI can skype in if so inclined.

        If you want to try out this way of talking online, and if you're
        registered with Skype, please feel welcome to join us this or any
        Sunday at any time between noon and 14:00 GMT.

        Vance

        --- In efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com, efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com
        wrote:

        > Reminder from the Calendar of efiwebheads
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/efiwebheads/cal
        >
        > Weekly online chat class
        > Sunday May 14, 2006
        > 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
        > (This event repeats every week.)
        >
        > Notes:
        > Webheads meets live online at noon GMT every Sunday (for around 2
        hours). All are welcome.

        > What time is that where you are?
        > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html
        >
        > Text chat - Meet at Tapped In, an online environment for students
        and educators.
        > Start at http://www.tappedin.org/new and /join VanceS or go
        to /reception and find us there.

        > There's more information about the chat tools we use here:
        > http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/software.htm
        >
        > Voice chat - Hear and see us on Yahoo Messenger
        > voice and web-cam chat
        > Look for vance_stevens on Yahoo Messenger
      • Graham Stanley
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2006
          Hi Webheads,

          On 5/14/06, Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:

          > Hi Webheads,
          >
          > I've set up a Webheads Skypecast to be available Sunday at noon GMT
          > (for the maximum allowable time of 2 hours) at
          > http://snipurl.com/wia_skypecast

          I was Skypecasting today for EFL Bridges (http://www.eflbridges.com), as
          part of the World Bridges anniversary weekend, and learned some interesting
          things.

          You can use Skype for chat if you start a chat with one participant and then
          (as long as they are in your contacts list), you can add everyone to the
          same chat session.

          Although the maximum that a Skypecast allows you to set is 2 hours, the
          connection will stay open for another 2 hours. The only thing that will
          happen is that nobody else can join through the URL after 2 hours.

          I found this out by chatting to a language teacher., Heron Stone, who is now
          starting to use Skpye and Skypecasting for teaching, and he's spent the last
          week pushing the boundarfies to see what can and can't be done. Venny (who
          was at our meeting too ) and I told him about Webheads, and I think he's
          going to be joining in the Skypecast later today. He has a very interesting
          theory about English language learning for speakers of English originally
          from Asia that you should ask him about.

          We'll use http://www.tappedin.org as the chatroom, which is where
          > everyone meets at that time anyway. So anyone can join us in text
          > chat at Tapped in and anyone at TI can skype in if so inclined.

          If you want to try out this way of talking online, and if you're
          > registered with Skype, please feel welcome to join us this or any
          > Sunday at any time between noon and 14:00 GMT.
          >
          > Vance

          I won't be able to join you today I'm afraid, but I'll be with you in spirit

          Best Regards

          Graham

          Graham Stanley
          http://blog-efl.blogspot.com