Congratulations to Abid Shakoor

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 8, 2005

      Abid Shakoor has just arrived in Toronto Canada and has just msn'd me
      from there. His webheads page is here:
      http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/abidshakoor.htm

      He'll write us soon and let us know how it's going.

      Best,

      Vance
    • Kathy Parker
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 9, 2005
        Hi Abid,
        I hope this is the right way to reply to you. Perhaps Vance can let me know
        if I'm not sending this letter to the right place. I enjoyed looking at your
        photos and learning a little about you. I live in New Zealand and also enjoy
        travelling but I've never been to Pakistan. Next month I am going to Hong
        Kong and the Beijing and Shanghei. After that I will go to Germany, France,
        and after a trip through some other countries will end up in Poland for a
        conference. I am very excited to be going but sadly my husband will have to
        return to New Zealand after the China section so I won't have anyone to
        share it with. I'll just have to take lots of photos for him.

        I hope you are able to continue with your studies.
        Regards Kathy Parker
        > Abid Shakoor has just arrived in Toronto Canada and has just msn'd me
        > from there. His webheads page is here:
        > http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/abidshakoor.htm
        >
        > He'll write us soon and let us know how it's going.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Vance
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --

      • Syed Iqbal
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 9, 2005
          Hi Abid
          My name is Syed and I am from Karachi. I have been here not for quite
          a long time but so far I have found this place worthwhile in further
          augmenting my English language skills.

          I have found Vance and Ramgopal nice to talk to and I beleive it will
          take some time to find some new friends.

          Something about me, well, I work in a textile buying house and I in my
          own department mostly deal with shipping terms, documents, schedules,
          compliance to documentary credits etc.

          Besides my job, I have some lovely leisure activities, like learning
          3d animation and programming (VBA and VB.Net).

          A decade ago, I had been to Kalam, Naran, Kaghan, Ziyarat and not to
          forget Lahore, where I have some of my friends and relatives.
          Unfortunately, I have lost all the photos of these trips, otherwise, I
          would have shared it with all our friends here.

          Talk to you later.

          Kind regards
          Syed

          On 6/9/05, Kathy Parker <kparker@...> wrote:
          > Hi Abid,
          > I hope this is the right way to reply to you. Perhaps Vance can let me know
          > if I'm not sending this letter to the right place. I enjoyed looking at your
          > photos and learning a little about you. I live in New Zealand and also enjoy
          > travelling but I've never been to Pakistan. Next month I am going to Hong
          > Kong and the Beijing and Shanghei. After that I will go to Germany, France,
          > and after a trip through some other countries will end up in Poland for a
          > conference. I am very excited to be going but sadly my husband will have to
          > return to New Zealand after the China section so I won't have anyone to
          > share it with. I'll just have to take lots of photos for him.
          >
          > I hope you are able to continue with your studies.
          > Regards Kathy Parker

        • hala fawzi
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 9, 2005
            Hi Abid Shakoor,
            I ma Hala from Sudan, an English language teacher and
            a webheader since December 2004(or is it earlier?). I
            loved your photos.I have many friends and family
            members in Pakistan,espedially Lahor.They always come
            with fantastic photos from there.I would love to be
            your friend.I wish you a nice holiday in Canada(or are
            you there to stay for good?)
            Hala.Sudan

            --- Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > Abid Shakoor has just arrived in Toronto Canada and
            > has just msn'd me
            > from there. His webheads page is here:

            http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/abidshakoor.htm

            > He'll write us soon and let us know how it's going.
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Vance

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • hala fawzi
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 9, 2005
              Hi Syed:
              My name is Hala from Sudan.I am an Englsih language
              teacher from Sudan.I would like to ask about whatdid
              you mean by " learning
              > 3d animation and programming (VBA and VB.Net)"
              I know anuimation,but I didn't get the rest of the
              sentence.
              Have a good day.
              Hala.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Cant Reed
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 10, 2005
                Hi, My name is Brian and Im in Poland myself... if you
                were referring to the IATEFL conference in Torun well
                then i guess i will be meeting some fellow
                webheaders... Torun is where i live and the place
                where i work is helping me pay for the conference so i
                probably will be going [; see ya then

                --- Kathy Parker <kparker@...> wrote:

                > Hi Abid,
                > I hope this is the right way to reply to you.
                > Perhaps Vance can let me know
                > if I'm not sending this letter to the right place. I
                > enjoyed looking at your
                > photos and learning a little about you. I live in
                > New Zealand and also enjoy
                > travelling but I've never been to Pakistan. Next
                > month I am going to Hong
                > Kong and the Beijing and Shanghei. After that I will
                > go to Germany, France,
                > and after a trip through some other countries will
                > end up in Poland for a
                > conference. I am very excited to be going but sadly
                > my husband will have to
                > return to New Zealand after the China section so I
                > won't have anyone to
                > share it with. I'll just have to take lots of photos
                > for him.
                >
                > I hope you are able to continue with your studies.
                > Regards Kathy Parker

                Don't look at me with that tone of voice!

                __________________________________
                Discover Yahoo!
                http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html
              • Syed Iqbal
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 10, 2005
                  Hi Hala
                  3d stands for 3 dimensional. Say for example, the movie "Shrek" is a
                  brilliant example of 3d animation. 2d animation is something what we
                  normally see in flash based animations on the internet. Like, you can
                  see intros (introductions) on flash based websites with an option to
                  skip that into to get directly to the main page.

                  VBA is a contraction of "Visual Basic for Applications". You must be
                  using Microsoft Office, press F11 key and it will take you to the
                  visual basic editor where you can write your MACROS (normally called
                  scripts) to get things done more smartly. I personally do a lot of my
                  work in Excel VBA. It's fun to write your own customized procedures
                  and saves you a lot of time, if done otherwise.

                  VB.Net on the other hand stands for Visual Basic Dot Net. It's new or
                  more refined version of visual basic language.

                  Sorry for talking much about these terminologies but at the end of the
                  day if you need my help on any of these, you may write to me
                  separately to get my assistance.

                  Talk to you later.

                  Kind regards
                  Syed

                • Cant Reed
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 17, 2005
                    i read something earlier about some webheads attending
                    a conference in Poland... There will be an IATEFL
                    conference in Torun, the town where i live, and if i
                    can be of any help or questions whatsoever please just
                    email me at cant.reed@...... I am a 22 year old
                    EFL teacher here in Torun but originally im from
                    Oregon, USA [;

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • Abid Shakoor
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 25, 2005
                      Dear All,

                      Thanks allot for the your emails. Yeah will stay intouch with al of
                      you...

                      Take Care

                      Abid Shakoor

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 25, 2005
                        Dear Hala,

                        Thanks for the good wishes, definatly i would love to have
                        friendship with you. Its very good hear that you have lot's of
                        relationships in Lahore. Me too from Lahore and yes right now i plan
                        to stay in Canada for some time. As soon i will go back will let you
                        know...

                        Once again thanks for your good wishes. See you soon in my friends
                        list on yahoo and msn messenger..

                        MSN: abidshakor@...
                        Yahoo: abidshakoor@...

                        Regards,

                        Abid Shakoor

                        --- In efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com, hala fawzi <haloolahakema@y...>
                        wrote:

                        > Hi Abid Shakoor,
                        > I ma Hala from Sudan, an English language teacher and
                        > a webheader since December 2004(or is it earlier?). I
                        > loved your photos.I have many friends and family
                        > members in Pakistan,espedially Lahor.They always come
                        > with fantastic photos from there.I would love to be
                        > your friend.I wish you a nice holiday in Canada(or are
                        > you there to stay for good?)
                        > Hala.Sudan
                        >
                        > --- Vance Stevens <vstevens@e...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hi everyone,
                        > >
                        > > Abid Shakoor has just arrived in Toronto Canada and
                        > > has just msn'd me
                        > > from there. His webheads page is here:
                        > >
                        > http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
                        vstevens/files/efi/abidshakoor.htm

                        > > He'll write us soon and let us know how it's going.
                        > >
                        > > Best,
                        > >
                        > > Vance

                        > http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Abid Shakoor
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 25, 2005
                          Dear Brother Syed,

                          Thanks allot for the message and also good wishes. I would like to
                          have friendshipe with you. If you would like pleas add my id in your
                          frineds list. Following is the detail of my email address

                          MSN: abidshakor@...
                          Yahoo: abidshakoor@...

                          Soon you soon in my friends list...

                          Take Care

                          Abid Shakoor

                          7/06/2005

                          Service.
                        • Kathy Parker
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 27, 2005
                            I didn't know there was a conference in Torun. I am going to the ReCALL
                            conference in Krakow in about 8 weeks time. Is anyone else going to it? It
                            is so expensive that the only other person I knew that was going has
                            withdrawn but there is a possibility the Corpus Linguistics Professor from
                            our university will go. I am staying in the university summer hostel which I
                            discovered on the net. It's very good value so makes up for the conference
                            fee. I can find the link if anyone else wants to book.
                            Regards Kathy Parker