[efiwebheads] Re: Stupid mistakes

  • Margaret Ann Doty
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 1999
      Hi everyone!

      I am going through and cleaning and sorting my piles of papers and I found an
      email that a friend who works for the US Government in the Census Bureau sent
      me.

      Here it is. It is a transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US
      naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October
      1995.

      US ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a
      collision.

      Canadian reply: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the south to
      avoid a collision.

      US ship: This is the captain of a US navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR
      course.

      Canadian reply: No, I say again, divert your course!

      US ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS MISSOURI. WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF
      THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

      Canadian reply: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

      So, you see Moral. Even the mighty high-tech US military can make some really
      stupid mistakes. It happens.

      Have a good week everyone!
      Maggi
      MADenglish@...
    • Moral
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 1999
        A nice piece! Very interesting. I believe everyone will laugh after reads the following piece.

        Thanks Maggi

        Moral