Re: Please check efiwebheads accounts

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2004
      Hi Sus,

      if you get any more like this please forward to me at
      vstevens@... (please don't forward to any of my
      other addresses, protection is good at PI).

      I haven't rec'd these emails and I suspect this
      address is spoofed.

      This cannot happen over our list (no attachments
      allowed). Also the messages are not going through the
      list (I don't think). Also the email address you have
      mentioned should not send email to anyone on our list.
      For these reasons I think the mail is sent by a
      machine that knows the name of a group you subscribe
      to and uses the formula -subscribe@yahoogroups.com as
      the remainder of the spoofed address, which would be
      common to any Yahoo Group.

      I'm very sorry about this kind of incident but it must
      be a by-product of participation in YahooGroups, not
      in Webheads in particular.

      In these days if we use computers we must be on guard
      against such attacks. It is a shame that the vehicle
      in this case has anything to do with Webheads, which
      is a group of well-meaning people.

      Please keep us informed of any further incidents since
      the more we know the better we can all protect
      ourselves.

      Has anyone else on this list had this problem?

      best,

      Vance

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/