Hello again

  • AbdulElah Kadri
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2003
      Hi y'all,
      My telephone line was out of order for five days because of the heavy rain we had so I couldn't connect to the internet.
      Thank you Maggi for the corrections, some of them are typos, but I learned that I should do proofreading before I offer my writing :D
      I have a couple of questions about Subject/Verb agreement..
      1- The majority/minority (is or are)? my teacher said that we can use both, but I'm not satisfied with this answer :D
      2- a- the percentage (is, are) ?
      b- 90% (is or are) ?
      c- 1% (is or are) ?
      3- Any of (something) (is or are) ?
      4- the word "none": I thought it had the same rule of "no one", but in my grammar book, "no one" takes singular verb, and "none" follows another rule..but still I'm not sure..
      if "none" is followed by "of", then the verb after it is singular if the word after of is countable singular or uncountable, and the verb is plural if the word is plural.. I want to make sure that this rule is correct..
      and what if "none" is not followed by "of" ?? then the verb is singular or plural?
      Thanks in advance.
      good bye.

      Take your business online with Officemaster. Sign up for a free trial today!

      http://www.officemaster.net