Nelson Roman Gomez-Steele Arrives

  • J. H. Steele
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
      Hi everybody,

      Just a note to tell you that Kathy gave birth a little after 3:00 this
      afternoon. Nelson R. ("Romy" to his parents, "Junior" to me) weighs 6 pounds
      3 ounces and measures 16.5 inches.

      Mother and Child are both doing well. As soon as I have pictures of Nelson
      and his newborn cousin (Adriana), I will let you know.

      John, MI (Dr. Cat)

      John H. Steele, Ph.D.
      Professor, Department of English
      University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
      jhsteele@...
      http://www.eslpalace.com
    • Angel82104@wmconnect.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
        wow,congradulations,Kathy,you did a great job,and welcome to the world,Nelson
        Roman,wish you best.

      • Dafne
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
          Congratulations John!!!

          Wish you all the best!. A kiss on both cheeks for all of you!!

          A toast,

          Daf

        • James Simpson
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
            Many congratulations on the arrival of young Nelson R.

            Best wishes to mother, baby and all the family

            James

            -------------------
            Hi everybody,

            Just a note to tell you that Kathy gave birth a little after 3:00 this
            afternoon. Nelson R. ("Romy" to his parents, "Junior" to me) weighs 6 pounds
            3 ounces and measures 16.5 inches.

            Mother and Child are both doing well. As soon as I have pictures of Nelson
            and his newborn cousin (Adriana), I will let you know.

            John, MI (Dr. Cat)

            John H. Steele, Ph.D.
            Professor, Department of English
            University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
            jhsteele@...
            http://www.eslpalace.com
          • jelena kovac
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
              Welcome to the world,Nelson
              I wish you best.

              http://shopping.yahoo.com
            • Buthaina Alothman
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                Congratulations John. I wish Kathy and Nelson good health forever and happiness to you all.
                Buth

                "J. H. Steele" <jhsteele@...> wrote:
                Hi everybody,

                Just a note to tell you that Kathy gave birth a little after 3:00 this
                afternoon. Nelson R. ("Romy" to his parents, "Junior" to me) weighs 6 pounds
                3 ounces and measures 16.5 inches.

                Mother and Child are both doing well. As soon as I have pictures of Nelson
                and his newborn cousin (Adriana), I will let you know.

                John, MI (Dr. Cat)

                John H. Steele, Ph.D.
                Professor, Department of English
                University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
                jhsteele@...
                http://www.eslpalace.com

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                Buthaina Al Othman
                EFL Instructor
                ELU/Science College
                Kuwait University
                http://alothman-b.tripod.com
                buthaina_3@...

              • J. H. Steele
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                  Thank you to all who sent congratulatory messages. For the new people in the group, I am John Steele, a university ESL professor at the University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla. I have been with the group for 3(?) years (or is it 4?). Lately, I have not been participating as much for lack of time. I teach 6 classes and represent the English Department in the Academic Senate (the normal for a senator is 3 classes and for a non-senator the normal is 4 classes). I do, however, read all the emails and reply occasionally (as often as I have time to).

                  I hope to return to more active participation after this semester ends (and my time returns to normal).

                  As for my grandson - His father is Nelson Roman Gomez (for the Hispanics in the group, Roman is his name, not his family name (apellido). Everybody calls him "Nelson". The baby is my youngest daughter's first child. My middle daughter, Karen, has a 5 1/2 year old daughter, and gave birth to another daughter (my fourth grandchild) last Saturday afternoon (Sept. 27). Since I don't remember if I notified you, Adriana Nicole weighed 6 pounds with 3 ounces (like her cousin), but measured 20 inches. For those who use the metric system,
                  Adriana 2.81 kilograms and 50.8 centimeters
                  Nelson 2.81 kilograms and 41.9 centimeters

                  You can see the first pictures of Adriana at http://pictures.eslpalace.com/adriana.html . I don't have pictures of Romy (Junior), yet.

                  Hope to talk to you all again later.

                  John (Dr. Cat)

                  "J. H. Steele" <jhsteele@...> wrote:
                  Hi everybody,

                  Just a note to tell you that Kathy gave birth a little after 3:00 this
                  afternoon. Nelson R. ("Romy" to his parents, "Junior" to me) weighs 6 pounds
                  3 ounces and measures 16.5 inches.

                  Mother and Child are both doing well. As soon as I have pictures of Nelson
                  and his newborn cousin (Adriana), I will let you know.

                  John, MI (Dr. Cat)

                  John H. Steele, Ph.D.
                  Professor, Department of English
                  University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
                  jhsteele@...
                  http://www.eslpalace.com

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Buthaina Al Othman
                  EFL Instructor
                  ELU/Science College
                  Kuwait University
                  http://alothman-b.tripod.com
                  buthaina_3@...

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • J. H. Steele
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                    Daf,

                    Thanks for the kisses. (Chocolate, I hope - lol). I'll pass them on to Kathy too, as soon as I see her.

                    <Hugs>
                    John

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 6, 2003
                      --- In efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com, "J. H. Steele" <jhsteele@c...>
                      wrote:
                      > Hi everybody,
                      >
                      > Just a note to tell you that Kathy gave birth a little after 3:00
                      this
                      > afternoon.

                      Congratulations Dr. Cat,

                      I can tell you are the proud (grand)father.

                      Nice to hear from you and from everyone here,