Welcome Jelena

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
      Dear Jelena,

      Thank you for joining efiwebheads! We usually meet online every Sunday in tappedin (http://ti2.sri.com/tappedin/) at 12 noon GMT and Maggi, our online teacher, meets with other efiwebheads' students every Saturday. I am not sure of the time but I bet Maggi or anyone who knows the exact time will tell you. Can you tell us more about yourself, Jelena? My name is Aiden Yeh, by the way, and I'm an EFL instructor in Taiwan. My yahooid is aidenyeh, feel free to add my name to your list of friends.

      Cheers,

      Aiden

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:38:17 -0700 (PDT)
      From: jelena kovac
      Subject: Kova Jelena

      Can you explain me how can I join the class
      Thanks

    • jelena kovac
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hello,
        I am Jelena, yahooid Jenny.I am from Belgrade
        I am a architecture student and I wanted to practice
        my english skils.
        Thank you for the replying my e mail
        Jelena

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Dafne

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
            -Thank you for the reply.
            Just send me mail when you will be online and I will
            like tyo chat to you to
            Jelena

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • MADenglish@t-online.de
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
              Hi Jelena

              On Saturday the time is 1600 GMT and welcome to Webheads. We look
              forward to talking with you!

              Maggi :-)
            • Sladana
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
                You should put Y instead of J, because they are going to pronounce it as DZ in serbian... good luck girl!

                Sladana
                Just send me mail when you will be online and I will
                like tyo chat to you to
                Jelena

                http://shopping.yahoo.com

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • J. H. Steele
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
                  Welcome to the group, Jelena. I'm John in Puerto Rico. I teach English and Teacher Education at the University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla.

                  John (Dr. Cat)

                  John H. Steele, Ph.D.
                  Professor, Department of English
                  University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
                  jhsteele@...
                  http://www.eslpalace.com

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 2, 2003
                    Hi jelena,

                    Welcome and good luck.

                    Huseyin

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 2, 2003
                      Hi Jelean,
                      I am Buthaina, an EFL instructor from Kuwait.I teach English at Science College in Kuwait University.I teach two courses, a General English and an ESP, for science students. I'm also a journalist.My Yahoo ID is buthaina_3. Please feel free to contact me, online.
                      Best wishes,
                      Buthaina

                      jelena kovac <jenny03bg@...> wrote:

                      Hello,
                      I am Jelena, yahooid Jenny.I am from Belgrade
                      I am a architecture student and I wanted to practice
                      my english skils.
                      Thank you for the replying my e mail
                      Jelena

                      Buthaina Al Othman
                      EFL Instructor
                      ELU/Science College
                      Kuwait University
                      http://alothman-b.tripod.com
                      buthaina_3@...

                    • Buthaina Alothman

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 6, 2003
                          --- In efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com, "Sladana" <sladana_vlaco@m...>
                          wrote:
                          > You should put Y instead of J, because they are going to pronounce
                          it as DZ in serbian... good luck girl!

                          > Sladana

                          Hi,

                          I'm Vance, one of the founders of this list and the Webheads group.
                          I live in Abu Dhabi where I teach computing at the Petroleum
                          Institute, http://www.pi.ac.ae You can meet me and my family (and
                          my students) here: http://www.vancestevens.com

                          We used to have a greater problem with names before we discovered
                          voice chat, but now if you reach us on Sundays noon GMT you can chat
                          with us using a mic and speakers, or just text chat if you like. We
                          can also use web cams though we don't always bother. But we're happy
                          to fire up our web cams and microphones if anybody asks.

                          Someone asked on our other Webheads list if there was a page listing
                          software we use. There is, though it's a little out of date.

                          I'm supposed to be keeping up all our web pages. This means I should
                          make one for Jelena and anyone else who writes and introduces
                          themselves. And we have people here from all over the world who
                          pronounce J in all the different ways so those of us who pronounce
                          it 'hard' will make an effort to think 'soft' as in 'Y'.

                          I'm so glad to see Webheads responding to each other on this list.
                          I'm sorry I've been having trouble finding the time myself recently.

                          More later, bye for now,