[efiwebheads] Real Slideshow

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 1999
      Dear Webheads,

      Real Audio have released a great new program called Real Slideshow. To see
      what it can do, and if you have Real Player G2, go to

      http://www.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/Sound_Files/adelaide.htm

      and click on 'Adelaide'!

      I hope you enjoy it.

      Michael Coghlan

      email: michaelc@... (home)
      michaelc@... (work)

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/efiwebheads
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 1999
        Michael,

        These things are so problematic. The show doesn't work, says it can't find
        a link to:

        file:C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Web Pages\Sound Files\adelaide.smi

        My guess is that this file is on your machine and when you test it on the
        web, unbeknownst to you, it is making a link with the file on your machine.
        You've probably got the smi file up on the web, but the LINK is being made
        to the copy on your machine.

        My guess is the link is established in the pointer (meta) file. It's
        probably just a text file Probably it will work if you replace the above
        line with the url http://www.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/Sound_Files/adelaide.smi.

        Sort it out and try again.

        Vance