zaheer from Innsbruck

  • Zaheer ul-haq
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      My Dear Vance, Sus and webhead fellows

      It's a hounor for me to received a prompt response from Sus and Vance on
      my openion. It's my pleasure to introduce myself once agian for our new
      colleages as per Sus suggestion.

      Infact I'm a research scientist in the filed of chemistry and doing
      research from last 5 years. Being a pakistani our medium of instruction
      is english in university. But in school level we have two differetn kind
      of school system, some school offered english as medium of intruction
      while some national language so called "Urdu". I belong to second
      catagery of school so upto school level we use english as a subject so
      in english we are only able to carry on our own subject. After joining
      Uni. english become my language of instruction but you can say its my
      personaly fault I never put my realy efforts to improve my english as my
      english is good enough to carry on my study. Particularly after joining
      a research gruop to do Ph.D I put my maximum efforts on my reserach so I
      can finished my Ph.D in min time period.

      Infact I never feel dificulty to experess my feelings in word in case of
      my field that is chemistry, while I was well convence that my english is
      in very bad position but I always convence my self that it's not a
      matter I can overcome this when I will be in any english language
      contry. Basically I was planning to do my Ph.D or Post Doc from any
      english lang contry.

      Its my hard luck I can't get any chance to do so, while during my Ph.D I
      got chance several time to visit Germany but I never accept it only due
      to lang.

      Last year on March one Prof from Inssbruck university visited our
      institute in karachi while we were arranging a internationla conference
      for chemistry. In this conference I present my work as poster and
      luckily or by mistake I was selected the winner of this poster
      competetion (out of 60 poster presested internationaly). So Prof. from
      Innsbruck Uni. offered during closing ceremony of this conferece that "
      I wish to offer to winner of this poster sation to visit my lab and do
      post doc wiht me". So finally I accept this proposal as Its a very good
      offer for me to do post doc without westage of my time. I finished my
      Ph.D on 10th of June and fly for Innsbruck on 14 th of June.

      This is my whloe story, so my english is remain in very bad situation
      and I'm facing another language problem in Austria that is
      German!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Finally I joint this group and was very impressed with the job of Vance,
      Sus and some more teacher as they are playing very nice job here. I'm
      very great full for there kind efforts for all of.

      I hope you will pardon me as this long and meaning less mail bohter you
      too much.

      with regards

      *zaheer *

    • MADenglish@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
        Hi Zaheer

        Your English is getting better and even though you make mistakes I
        think most all of the Webheads understand you.

        If you would like help with German ask me. Also I can give you some
        sites that you can find German words in English. Send me a private
        email for that.

        Have a nice weekend!

        Maggi :-)