Re: [efiwebheads] Fwd: PRIVATE

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2003
      Thank Maggi for your help.
      Best regards
      Bob
      MADenglish@... 的訊息: Hi Bob

      That letter is a scam, that means just delete it and forget about it.
      They are looking for your money and you will not get any. It is just a
      story they made up.

      Have a nice day.

      Maggi :-)

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2003
        Hi,

        it is amazing to see how many variations spam mail authors can compose on
        this disgusting invitation to take part in economic fraud. It is sad to imagine
        the veritable background of those examples of major corruption in as well
        government, multinational companies, mining, banking and lawyer business
        in so many of the former colonies. So many dictators and their supporters
        have stolen incredible fortunes from resource rich countries, earned from
        gold, diamonds or petrol either placing them in risky warfare business or in
        dubious banks abroad. This broadens the gap between the shamelessly rich
        and the incredibly poor.

        In an example somewhere on the net, a teacher showed how he had been
        using these spams with an educational imaginiation, as a lesson for critical
        thinking of information, asking students to compose different kind of tentative
        replies to these mails and dig deeper into the question of fraud.

        I've been getting those spams for a longer period, weekly or even more often,
        and always from different (fake) identities. For me, they have been a
        reminder of bad times in African as well as other post colonian states. I've
        replied to a few ones, urging them to find better ways to spend all these
        money within their own poor country, where there's probably a strong need
        for clean water, health services and education. But curiously, they never
        came back to me :-) If you're the lucky one to have never yet seen any of
        these, I found a list on the net where you can get an idea:

        http://www.climate.unibe.ch/~beyerle/emails/

        sus
      • John H. Steele
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2003
          Yep, and I am following his lead. You'd be surprised (well, maybe you
          wouldn't at that) by the amount of things like this that I get - even
          forwarded not by students but by people with PhD's who think "Just in
          case, I'll follow up on it.

          The difference is, I'm using them to teach teachers, not students.\

          John (Dr. Cat)

          Prof. John H. Steele, Ph.D.
          English Department
          University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
          j_steele@...
          http://www.eslpalace.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 13, 2003
            just delete the email , dont believe about it.
            if they really have money, off course they will hire
            good lawyer to win the case.
            --- Bob <osdselect2000@...> wrote:

            > Please I want to know this letter whether it want to
            > steel other money.Is this letter wroted right?In
            > other words,does this letter tell the true?I
            > sometimes receive this kind of letters and I dont
            > know what to do
            >
            > GRAHAM MAKO <gramako44@...>
            > ェコーTョァ。G
            アH・フ: "GRAHAM MAKO"