[efiwebheads] Answer

  • smith@dstech.com.br
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6 2:00 PM
      I think paragraph B is closer to what I think.

      Félix

      Vance wrote:

      Hi Webheads,

      (A) There is a theory of linguistics that suggests that there might be
      one
      universal language which we all speak in different tongues. In other
      words,
      we share common human values, thoughts and feelings but express these in

      different ways.

      (B) There is another theory in linguistics that suggests that language
      determines the way we feel and think. According to this theory, we
      don't
      feel and think the same if our languages are widely different. In other

      words, how you feel and think will be very different if your language
      was
      formed by ancestors who live in a forest and hunt animals and believe in

      spirits and whose history is stored only in people's memory. If you
      speak
      this language and meet someone who comes from a culture with
      supermarkets
      and libraries, you may not share the same values, thoughts, and
      feelings.

      Which do you think is closer to what you think, A or B?

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/efiwebheads