Re: [efiwebheads] H~Mika

  • MADenglish@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2002
      Hi Isha

      I know you didnt mean to look like you were shouting but someone had to
      tell you so those who may have thought you were, would not think badly
      of you. Misunderstandings often happen between different cultures
      because people may not ask a question and then the other does not know
      to explain it.

      Karachi is a very big city. You must like being around many people.
      :-)

      It is cold now in Germany because winter is coming. We are much
      further north than you.

      The best way to improve your English is to use it. Good luck. There
      are many in this group who want the same thing.

      Maggi :)
    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2002
        Hello Isha and welcome. My name's Aiden Yeh and I live in Taiwan. I teach EFL (English as a Foreign Language) and some of my students have also joined this group because like you, they also want to improve their English.
        You wrote: English but my English is not as good as ur english people becouse my mother
        tongue is Urdu not English.So could u help me on it plzz.

        Isha, remember this always, practise makes perfect. If you want to improve your conversational skills in English, then you have to speak English. The same thing with writing, the more you write the better you'll get. No one can learn how to swim without getting into the water.

        Imagine this group, Webheads, as a huge swimming pool with lots of lifeguards and buoys floating around, and you're on the diving board. You could either step down and back out or dive into the water and experience for yourself the pains and glories that go with overcoming your fears.

        Keep your messages coming, Isha, and we'll be here for you.

        Aiden Yeh

        (Aiden packs up her rubber floats, and waves goodbye to others who are still in the pool.)

        Aisha Sheikh <aisha_de_gr8@...> wrote:
        Hello Teacher,
        Glad to read ur reply.
        thanx for telling me that when i type in CAPS it looks i m shouting whereas
        i didnt mean that actually i like to type in CAPS.Well its okay now i will
        not do it again:).
        Hummm i live in Karachi which is the Port of Pakistan.Here is also hottest
        weather i think as same as Germany.
        Now i m going to tell u more about my self.My name is Ayesha, i m 20 years
        old.Lately i have completed inter i m planning to do Bachelor in Computer.
        Now a days i m free and wants to learn english i can speak and undersatnd
        English but my English is not as good as ur english people becouse my mother
        tongue is Urdu not English.So could u help me on it plzz.
        I will grateful to you.
        Regards
        Isha

        >From: MADenglish@...
        >To: efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [efiwebheads] H~Mika
        >Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:14:27 +0100 (CET)
        >
        >Hi Aisha
        >
        >Nice to meet you.
        >
        >My name is Maggi and I am one of the teachers. Maybe you don't know
        >and I think it might be easier, but when you type IN ALL CAPS it looks
        >like you are shouting.
        >
        >Where in Pakistan are you? Are you studying and that is why English is
        >important?
        >
        >Hope the weather is better than here in Germany!
        >
        >Maggi :-)

      • Nadeem Qazi
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2002
          hi All
          well I like Aideh 's email a encouraging one . i am here to improve my
          english plz feel free me to help and tell me how can i be good in writing
          good english.
          take care
          Nadeem

        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2002
            Hello Nadeem,
            I receive more than a dozen of emails everyday, and as much as I want to reply to all of them, time simply won't allow :-( Nevertheless, I love reading emails, as a matter of fact, that's the first thing I do in the morning (well, of course, after eating breakfast and sending my children off to school) and the last thing at night (after tucking in my kids to bed).
            I maybe a teacher by profession but I am a student, too, in some ways. I make it a point to learn something new everyday. Recently, there was a discussion on how the brain works, and how they perform differently depending on one's sex (male or female). I am not a doctor (although my husband is), however, I firmly believe that I have to put into practice what I have learned and to keep on learning. This way, my brain functions the way it should.
            So, Nadeem, you asked me "tell me how can i be good in writing"? Simple, keep on writing and read what others have written. Compare your work from theirs, note the differences in style, grammar, coherence, etc. And when you compose your letter, try to give your self time. Make it a point to write all the time- a letter a day will do the trick.
            Cheers,
            Aiden Yeh
            Nadeem Qazi <nhqsd@...> wrote:hi All