Re: [efiwebheads] Too many aliases - hard to remember

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2002
      Hi Susanne,
      and welcome all who have recently joined us,
      especially Aiden's students from Taiwan ...

      I am about to (I've been saying that all day) try to relate the email addresses of all who have joined us with their names according to the introductions they've sent us. You will be able to find what I discover here:

      http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/students.htm

      In the case you mention, Susanne, that of Hilda Wang, I'm not sure who is confused the most, you or me.

      We had a Webhead acquaintance a few years back by that name. She has a web page here:

      http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/efwhilda.htm

      Hilda's message was "I am from Nantzu ( where the Naetional Kaohsiung First University of Science and Technology is nearby). Working in Taipei now, and haven't write to efwebheads for a long long time. Nice to meet u, sanfann"

      So it appears that Sanfann is Chun Wei, and Hilda was replying to Chun Wei. It also appears that Hilda Wang is our dear friend Hilda who has just got back in touch after, possibly, and this is what I want to know .. becoming a doctor?

      I'm looking forward to hearing more from our new friends from Taiwan to help us clear up these mysteries.

      All have fun,

      Vance

    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2002
        Vance and Sus,
        I was laughing to myself while reading your email. True, it is really difficult to remember who's who specially when the email addresses do not reflect the students' true identities. You would be surprised to find out that many of my students (not only from this class and this university) have unique email addresses. Speaking of ingenuity, their style is surely breaking the record. The only reason that I could think is their fear of exposing themselves to the unknown.
        Also, Vance, the students posting messages here in EFI Webheads are first year students taking General English Class at National Kaoshiung First University of Science and Technology (NKFUST). This is the class which I intend to collaborate with Juani.
        Those students meeting us in TappedIn every Sundays are Fourth year students, majoring in Applied Foreign Languages, taking Communication Skills at Shih Chien University in kaohsiung.
        Aiden Yeh

        Vance Stevens wrote:Hi Susanne,

        s.nyrop@... wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > > >From: "sanfann" <sanfann1@...>
        > > >To: efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com
        > > >Subject: [efiwebheads] sanfann's introduction
        > > >Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:25:36 -0000
        > > >
        > > >My name is Chun Wei. I am 18 years old. I'm a
        > > >Taiwanese. I was born in Taipei , Taiwan.
        > > >Now I study in Naetional Kaohsiung First University
        > of
        > > >Science and Technology. My course is
        > > >Safety Healt and Enviromental Engineering. My
        > number is
        > > >9113079. I wish to enhance my capacity
        > > >for talk skill in English in this group.
        > > >

        > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        > >
        > > Hello!
        > > On the contrary, I am from Nantzu ( where the Naetional
        > Kaohsiung First
        > > University of
        > > >Science and Technology is nearby).
        > > Working in Taipei now, and haven't write to efwebheads

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • J. H. Steele
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2002
          I'm not sure how surprised I would be. My students have email addresses such as "sweet-violet36", "sexygirl9", "agent-007", and my favorite "netscape mail". This is even after I explained the importance of having a "professional look" to your email addresses - Oh, and this is in my class of future English teachers. . .I won't mention the ones in my basic and composition classes.

          John

          Prof. John H. Steele, Ph.D.
          English Department
          University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
          jhsteele@... http://www.eslpalace.com

          I'm not grouchy, I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds, politicians...

          I was laughing to myself while reading your email. True, it is really difficult to remember who's who specially when the email addresses do not reflect the students' true identities. You would be surprised to find out that many of my students (not only from this class and this university) have unique email addresses. Speaking of ingenuity, their style is surely breaking the record. The only reason that I could think is their fear of exposing themselves to the unknown.

          <snip, snip (the rest of the message)>