Re: [efiwebheads] PLEASE READ!!!!! It was on the news and is real! fromwha t I have been told below

  • Philip Benz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2002
      Denilson de Borba wrote:
      > Microsoft will pay you $245.00 [...] $243.00 [...] $241.00.

      Get real, people! The great PT Barnum said "there's one born every minute." He
      was talking about suckers, or marks, or just plain victims of scams, hoaxes and
      snow jobs of all sorts. The golden rules is, "if it looks too good to be true,
      then it most probably is!"

      I also receive email claiming that some minister in Nigeria will give me
      thousands of dollars to help him with some little money transfer problem. <g>

      All this stuff is *spam* and *manual viruses* that rely on people's gullibility
      and good intentions to spread, rather than malicious computer code.

      So ends lesson number 42 in practical English for the Web-weary. <g>

      Cheers, --- Phil

      Philip.Benz@...
      Lycee Astier, Aubenas, France