Chat logs from Jun 23 - Paper by Stevens and Altun

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2002

      Two announcements:

      (1) I have done something unusual this week, put up the chat logs from
      June 23, 2002. There is a nice picture there of some of Yaodong's
      students, and a screen shot of Keiko and Susanne and I at iVisit. The
      transcripts from the Tapped in logs are also posted.
      http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/chat2002/wfw020623.htm

      (2) Rif and I have completed a paper entitled "The Webheads Community of
      Language Learners Online" This paper is for the proceeds of the
      conference in which Webheads participated last November 7, 2001 (and
      sessions in May and October leading up to that). Many of you are
      mentioned (and I hope that's ok; if not, there's still time to protest,
      as the paper won't be published in hard copy for some time). Rif
      conducted a follow up survey of his students and I think most of you
      will find the study and its conclusions interesting. It's at
      http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/papers/t2t2001/proceeds.htm

      Incidentally, I just ok'd another student today for the efiwebheads
      group. We've been having a little problem with spam lately. Twice on
      the tfw list, we've been sent spam email from people who enrolled in the
      group and set their mail preferences to no mail (so they wouldn't have
      to read mail from us) and then sent commercial messages. This happens
      because whenever anyone wants to join our group I ok it, no questions
      asked. But if we receive spam email it will only happen once from that
      person because I will then immediately unsubscribe that email address.

      Sorry about the problem. It's only happened twice so far, and only on
      the tfw list. However, if you do get commercial email from one of our
      lists, just delete it if not interested and rest assured that the sender
      will not bother us after that.