Re: [efiwebheads] The Palace and the Virtual Schoolhouse is back

  • MADenglish@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 14 8:16 AM
      Hi Sophie

      Actually, the schoolhouse was always there. I showed it to Michael
      a few weeks ago and put the parrot there. We talked about starting
      classes there again. Good to see the place is full of life again.

      Maybe I will also go there next Sunday. Anyone interested?

      Maggi :-)
    • John Steele
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 14 8:40 AM
        Sophie

        Thank you for the wonderful news. It just goes to show that God does answer
        prayers. (Now if only HearMe would also return.

        John, MI
        PhD in Webheading)

        John H. Steele, Ph.D.
        Professor, English Department, UPR-Aguadilla
        jhsteelepr@...
        http://www.eslpalace.com

        >From: "Sophie and Yiannis Georgiou" <yiansoph@...>
        >To: <efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [efiwebheads] The Palace and the Virtual Schoolhouse is back
        >Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 17:55:20 +0300
        >
        >Hi guys,
        >
        >remember the fun we used to have at the Palace?
        >
        >We lost it when communities.com stopped supporting
        >it but its back and as popular as ever.
        >
        >I visited the EFI classrooms and it was so sad to see
        >them so empty. Remember the parrot that Michael used
        >to play with? It's still there!
        >
        >The rest of the areas were crammed. The mansion had 220
        >people logged on when I visited yesterday..
        >
        >Just go to http://www.thepalace.com
        >where you can download the software if you deleted it
        >and connect to the Palace.
        >
        >Sophie

      • John Steele
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 14 8:51 AM
          Same here

          John, MI

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 14 9:04 AM
            I seem to have forgotten the name of the virtual schoolhouse. Can anybody
            remind me of how to get there?

            John, MI

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 14 9:44 AM
              Hi John

              Go to:

              efi.virtualscholar.com port 9998

              Maggi :-)
            • Sr N
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 14 9:52 AM
                What is the address for the chat room? I lost it
                F�lix
                MADenglish@... wrote: Hi Sophie

                Actually, the schoolhouse was always there. I showed it to Michael
                a few weeks ago and put the parrot there. We talked about starting
                classes there again. Good to see the place is full of life again.

                Maybe I will also go there next Sunday. Anyone interested?

                Maggi :-)

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • John Steele
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 14 6:14 PM
                  Hi, Maggi

                  Thank you. I tried every possible commutation of virtual scholar except
                  using periods (I used underscores, hyphens, no dividers at all, separated
                  parts, the separated others, but added efi, deleted efi, and didn't even
                  think of periods (or the com at the end)

                  Hope to see you there Sunday.

                  John, MI

                  >From: MADenglish@...
                  >To: <efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [efiwebheads] The Palace and the Virtual Schoolhouse is back
                  >Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:44:32 +0200
                  >
                  >Hi John
                  >
                  >Go to:
                  >
                  >efi.virtualscholar.com port 9998
                  >
                  >Maggi :-)

                  John H. Steele, Ph.D.
                  Professor, English Department, UPR-Aguadilla
                  jhsteelepr@...
                  http://www.eslpalace.com

                • vance_stevens
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 15 6:57 AM
                    Hi,

                    I'm at Ying Lan's in New York. I'm also at the Palace on my
                    computer. I'll be there next Sunday.

                    To get here, Connect to a Palace and type
                    efi.virtualscholar.com

                    use port 9998

                    It's working for me.

                    Vance

                    --- In efiwebheads@y..., "John Steele" <jhsteelepr@h...> wrote:
                    > Hi, Maggi
                    >
                    > Thank you. I tried every possible commutation of virtual scholar
                    except
                    > using periods (I used underscores, hyphens, no dividers at all,
                    separated
                    > parts, the separated others, but added efi, deleted efi, and didn't
                    even
                    > think of periods (or the com at the end)
                    >
                    > Hope to see you there Sunday.
                    >
                    > John, MI
                    >

                    > >From: MADenglish@t...
                    > >To: <efiwebheads@y...>
                    > >Subject: Re: [efiwebheads] The Palace and the Virtual Schoolhouse
                    is back
                    > >Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:44:32 +0200
                    > >
                    > >Hi John
                    > >
                    > >Go to:
                    > >
                    > >efi.virtualscholar.com port 9998
                    > >
                    > >Maggi :-)
                    > >

                    > John H. Steele, Ph.D.
                    > Professor, English Department, UPR-Aguadilla
                    > jhsteelepr@h...
                    > http://www.eslpalace.com

                    http://messenger.msn.com
                  • Michael Coghlan
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 15 7:13 AM
                      Hello Ying and Vance!

                      Great to know that you are together over there. Wish I could be with you.
                      One day......

                      - Michael.

                      At 01:57 15/04/02 +0000, you wrote:
                      >Hi,
                      >
                      >I'm at Ying Lan's in New York. I'm also at the Palace on my
                      >computer. I'll be there next Sunday.
                      >
                      >To get here, Connect to a Palace and type
                      >efi.virtualscholar.com
                      >
                      >use port 9998
                      >
                      >It's working for me.
                      >
                      >Vance

                    • vance_stevens
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 16 4:28 PM
                        Yeah, I'm in Amsterdam now after spending a great day with Ying Lan.
                        I'm very glad I stopped off there, and that Sue made the trip from
                        Bryan to Houston.

                        I'll put up a web page about my visit with Ying Lan soon, but right
                        now, writing from a cybercafe in Amsterdam, I'll just say that it was
                        a great pleasure to discover that these two webheads were not only
                        charming but also appreciative of what we've been doing.

                        It was great to meet all the webheads I did both in travels and at
                        the conferences I attended, and both in person and online. Webheads
                        is a great community and I'm glad to see that we continue to support
                        each other.

                        All the best,

                        Vance

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 20 4:01 AM
                          I've put some of my pictures of my time spent with Ying Lan (in New York, not
                          Amsterdam) here:
                          http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/ying_nyc1.htm

                          You can also meet David Weksler on this page

                          Enjoy,

                          Vance

                            Message 13 of 13 , May 14, 2002
                              I'd like to meet you there.