Welcome Dafne to Webheads and Sue to Houston

  • vance_stevens
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 12:32 PM

      I never got a chance to welcome Dafne to the Writing for Webheads
      group. Dafne is one of the prime participants in the Webheads in
      Action group which stemmed from a session lasting 8 weeks until March
      25. That session is over, but as you would expect with Webheads, the
      community remains. Dafne has posted to that group her latest URL
      showing how she has integrated video with one of her pages.

      I'm watching Dafne's video now. I am on a DSL connection, and it came
      up in Real Player. Real Player wanted to download a plugin first, and
      I allowed it to do that. The plugin was handled automatically, and
      the video has been playing for the past 5 or 10 min. Interesting.
      I've been prowling around Dafne's pages while I'm at it.

      The development of these pages is a great testimonial to the success
      of Webheads. I've also made a table for Wimba pages on the Week 5
      pages ... haven't uploaded it yet, and when I've done so I'll put a
      link from the main page. I'll think about how I can track where
      Webheads have taken what they've learned in their web site
      development over the next year.

      So as you develop your pages over the coming year (talking to all
      Webheads) let us know where we can view your work and I'll link it to
      our Webheads pages.

      I just heard from Sue, one of the original Webheads. She's living in
      Texas now and is coming to my parents' house on Saturday. We'll set
      up a web cam and I'll let you know how you can tune in.

      Right now I'm waiting for a phone call from Dave Winet who lives in
      Berkeley. I'm going over there today and am hoping to meet up with
      him.

      All the best,

      Vance

      --- In group/evonline2002_webheads/