Re: [efiwebheads] Digest Number 451

  • aiden yeh
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2002
      Hello Vance. Do you know why my web cam wasn't working after a quick installation? It was busted. So I had to return it and exchanged for a new one. Now I have a new web cam, two as a matter of fact, one for my compu in the study room and the other in the living room. I even bought this new cool headphone. I already tried sending out some still photos of myself with my kids to my family and friends.
      Last night, stayed up really late chatting with Dafne and Ismael. My husband came to check up on me, he didn't say a word though, he just looked at me, then at the clock hanging on the wall (it was 3 am) and then went back to bed. I got the message, though. I did not have the chance to say goodbye to Dafne and Ismael, when I came back to turn off the computer they already have left. So, to Dafne and Ismale, sorry for leaving without goodbyes.
      But it was nice chatting with you guys.
      Aiden

      efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com wrote: There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. video cams as web
      From: "vance_stevens"

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:27:55 -0000
      From: "vance_stevens"
      Subject: video cams as web

      Hi everyone,

      I'm at a Cybercafe in Nairobi. I have a couple of hours to kill
      before I can go to that airport and attempt to get on a plane. Kenya
      Airways overbooks apparently.

      It would be interesting Aiden to find out how you get on with your
      video cam as web cam. The easiest way is to just buy a USB port web
      cam and plug it in. Yahoo Messenger or Netmeeting does the rest.
      USB web cams are around $20 aren't they? How much is a cheap one
      where you are? <-- question for anyone in webheads

      I just got back this a.m. from climbing Mt. Kenya 4980 meters or
      thereabouts. It was an easy, gradual walk, but there was snow and
      rain at the top. I had two porters and a guide so I just had to
      follow along basically, and dress appropriately of course. Well, now
      I've done it. It was something I've always wanted to do.

      OK, I hope to be back in Abu Dhabi tomorrow and catch up on emails.
      And I'll see you Sunday.

      All the best,

      Vance

      --- In efiwebheads@y..., Sr N wrote:
      > I have some friends who use their video cams as web
      > cams and work perfectly. Don't know how but....
      >
      > Felix
      >
      > --- aiden yeh wrote:
      > >
      > > The link's working, Vance. Thanks. Suzanne was
      > > pretty quick to offer help- deeply appreciated. I am
      > > just checking my mails and as soon as i'm done, i'll
      > > be off buying my webcam and probably a head set,
      > > too. My husband told me that I could actually use
      > > our home video cam (panasonic), all I have to do is
      > > set it up. Easy for him to say but no, I think i'd
      > > rather buy. Has anyone tried it?
      > > Aiden
      > >
      > > efiwebheads@y... wrote: There are 2
      > > messages in this issue.
      > >
      > > Topics in this digest:
      > >
      > > 1. Webheads meets each Sunday at noon GMT
      > > From: R2 Email Reminder
      > > 2. Re: invitation to chat
      > > From: "vance_stevens"

      __

      __

      > > Message: 1
      > > Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:59:32 "GMT"
      > > From: R2 Email Reminder
      > > Subject: Webheads meets each Sunday at noon GMT
      > >
      > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > > Courtesy of Remember To...A Free Email Reminder
      > > Service - http://www.RememberTo.com
      > > Message Number: 42392-To stop delivery of reminders
      > > to this address, go to the URL shown above.
      > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > >
      > > Join us for Webheads, every Sunday noon GMT, latest
      > > info here:
      > >
      > http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/software.htm.
      > >

      > > Hope to see you there,
      > >
      > > Vance

      __

      __

      > > Message: 2
      > > Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:52:44 -0000
      > > From: "vance_stevens"
      > > Subject: Re: invitation to chat
      > >
      > > --- In efiwebheads@y..., aiden yeh wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Vance,
      > > >
      > > > Can you resend the url link to the article which
      > > you said is a
      > > required reading?
      > > >
      > > > Suggested reading:
      > > http://www.uidaho.edu/evo/dist2.html
      > > >

      > > Aiden, I just checked the link. It seems to be
      > > working from here in
      > > Nairobi.
      > >
      > > I just spent a great three days with my family
      > > driving through Masai
      > > Mara Game Park staying at the lodge there. I'm now
      > > back in Nairobi
      > > as planned and not planning to spend much time
      > > online here due to
      > > very slow connection speeds.
      > >
      > > However I was able to book my climb of Mt. Kenya
      > > also as hoped and
      > > from tomorrow I will go on that expedition. It's a 4
      > > or 5 day trek.
      > >
      > > All the best to everyone. Enjoy the chat tomorrow.
      > > I'll be on my
      > > way to the mountain.
      > >
      > > p.s. I just copied the link above and pasted it in a
      > > browser and it
      > > worked again. See you :-)
      > >
      > > Vance

      __