John Steele is back online

  • John Steele
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2001
      Dear Fellow Webheads,

      This is just a note to tell you that I have finally gotten a new internet
      connection. For the next few months (until I return to Puerto Rico) my
      address is jhsteelepr@... or NKZD@... . Although I can
      still receive messages at my old address, I cannot send from there.

      Indiana is a nice town. The population is only 14,000, and the student
      population here at the University is another 14,000. I've met with my
      advisor and things seem to be going fairly well. Of course, since I am here
      without my family, I am a little lonely. But the amount of work I have to do
      will keep me from being too depressed (I'll soon be too busy to feel alone).

      My advisor told me that he hopes I can turn in my dissertation by December
      so I can graduate by May, but I feel like I am way behind in my work. For
      those of you who are helping me (by being interviewed) I hope to send you my
      analysis of your parts by the end of September to get your feedback (tell me
      if I am correct, if I missed something you said, that type of thing).

      I hope to see some of you in the regular Sunday chat session, although I
      will probably be in the library at Penn State (or on my way there) looking
      for information that I am missing.

      If I am late, or miss seeing any of you, this is my only Sunday trip, so you
      can expect me to be a regular member in the chat sessions again starting
      either this Sunday or next Sunday.

      My next letter will tell you about what is happening in this town and
      school.

      John

      John H. Steele
      Professor, English Department, UPR-Aguadilla
      Ph.D. Candidate, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
      jhsteelepr@...
      http://www.eslpalace.net

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2001
        John,

        It's really nice of you to check in and tell us a little bit about where you are
        and what you're up to. I think it's great that you find you're compatible with
        Webheads and that you are doing some serious research on our group. I've often
        wondered what it is that holds Webheads together over the years. Perhaps you
        can not only help us to answer that question, but from your research suggest
        ways that we can improve how Webheads can continue to help each other.

        Good luck in your studies. We wish you every success this summer so that you
        can reach your goal of becoming Dr. Steele within the coming year. We are glad
        that we can share in some small way in your success.

        Very much looking forward to reading your dissertation ...

        Vance