Re: [efiwebheads] Reminder - Happy Webheads Anniversary, Antonio!

  • Antonio M. G.
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2001
      Thanks!
      I know I haven't participated for a long time but I certainly want to thank you for considering me still a member of the group.
      Well, I'd like to share with you some of my holiday experiences. On July 7th. I went to Ireland with my grandmother and cousin for 2 weeks to learn and practice English. Each of us stayed with an Irish family (very kind people). The name of the place where we stayed is Bray (Bré), and it's about 45 minutes to the south of Dublin travelling by DART (Dublin Area Rapid Tranist) which is like a train.
      I finally bought a tin whistle, an Irish instrument that looks like a flute but it just has 6 holes instead of 8. I can't wait to learn how to play it. Irish music is lovely. I would have liked to buy bagpipes, but perhaps I will when I go to Scotland (in 2 years, I hope).
      I visited wonderful places: Powerscourt waterfall and gardens, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Killkenny Castle, the National Museum, and my favourite, Trinity College, where I saw the Book of Kells and the most wonderful library I have ever seen.
      The weather was cold, windy and rainy, yet I enjoyed to be there a lot. The school was nice, in front of the sea (a lovely view when there was a lot of wind and the waves were big).
      We arrived back in Mexico on July, 21st. (Saturday) because my cousin started university on Monday 23rd. When I arrived I was told I had been enroled (I'm not sure if that's the verb I'm looking for) to a club, so I had a week full of exercise, swimming, and gym.
      Now I just got back from Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, a beach in the South - West of Mexico. The weather was quite the opposite from the one in Ireland, it was not hot... it was boiling!
      I went there with my mother, brothers and grandmother for 4 wonderful days. The only thing I didn't like is that it took us 10 hours to get there (we went by car), it was too hot and there wasn't too much space.
      Anyway, I had a great time and I've still got 1 week before I start school.
      Well, I'd like to hear from you and your holiday activities (in case it's also holiday season in your countries).
      That's all for now!
      Antonio Muñoz G.
      México, DF

      Happy Webheads Anniversary, Antonio!

      Date: Wednesday, August 8, 2001
      Time: 12:00AM GMT

      Happy Webheads Anniversary, Antonio! Since Antonio joined
      Webheads on Aug 8, 2000, he has been a frequent and articulate
      participant. Antonio is from Mexico, and you can meet him at
      http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/antonio.htm.
      We hope to hear more from Antonio and from all the Webheads in
      the coming year.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003

        Happy Webheads Anniversary, Antonio!

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2004