Webheads online event on Tapped In Aug 8

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2001
      Hi Webheads,

      Would anyone like to meet with visitors at an online "Summer Carnival"
      and help show them around the Webheads site?

      For Webheads students, this is a great chance to practice English and
      meet people interested in our project. For Webheads teachers, we meet
      others interested in our work.

      Any Webhead is welcome to participate. You don't need powerful English
      skills - visitors will be thrilled just to meet students in the Webheads
      group. You can just 'drop in' but if you know you can be online at 7
      p.m. Aug 8, it would help us organize if you can let me know.

      Here's the announcement: http://www.tappedin.org/info/sc/sc01.html

      Mark it in your calendar: August 8, 2001

      Time: 12:00-1:00pm PDT/3:00-4:00pm EDT (= 7 pm GMT)

      Title:
      Writing for Webheads: An experiment in world friendship through online
      language learning

      Blurb:
      Webheads is a community of learners and teachers of English who have
      held regular weekly meetings online since 1998. In that time members of
      the community have experimented with a variety of text, avatar, and
      voice based chats, in addition to the MOO-like environment of
      Tapped-In. At this session, Webheads teachers and students will be on
      hand to show you around the community at
      http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/webheads.htm and
      discuss with you its concepts and principles.

      Hope to see you there, and to hear from you if you think you can make it