Re: [efiwebheads] Greetings from Vancouver

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2001
      Michael,

      You must be back from the conference by now. I've been so busy with work
      lately, and my family has been away in the USA so I'm cooking and cleaning all
      myself (Maggi says, big deal - I know). And also, I was away in Oman last
      weekend for a caving adventure. You can read about my previous trips there at
      http://www.vancestevens.com/majlisal.htm

      Vancouver is one of my favorite cities. I like running around the huge park
      there. I'm usually in Vancouver in the winter when the skiing is good on
      Grouse Mountain, so I like going up there for the snow, but Vancouver gets so
      much rain the snow washes away early in the spring, and I imagine it's better
      for hiking (in the rain) while you're there now. I also like taking the ferry
      across the harbor and visiting the shops, coffee houses, and microbreweries on
      the other side. A brewery is a place for brewing beer, and a micro-brewery
      brews just enough beer to serve just a small local area. Because
      microbreweries focus on quality over quantity, the beer in them, especially on
      the west coast of Canada and the USA, is very good.

      Did you try the bungie jumping, Michael?

      Sorry to have been so out of touch, but hope to see as many webheads as
      possible this afternoon at noon GMT.

      Vance

      efiwebheads@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:09:14 +0930
      > From: Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...>
      > Subject: Greetings from Vancouver
      >
      > Hi everyone.
      >
      > I have been in Vancouver a few days now and have been enjoying the
      > spectacular views and nice gentle summer weather. There is water everywhere
      > here, and you can always see mountains. It's a fairly young, and well kept
      > city (everything is very neat and clean) but there are also *a lot* of
      > homeless people. They apparently come to Vancouver from all over Canada
      > because it has the mildest climate and it is the easiest city for living on
      > the street.
      >
      > I am not here just for a holiday though. I am going to a conference that
      > starts later today so my free time here is nearly over.
      >
      > Has any webhead been to Vancouver? If you have, would you like to tell us
      > what you remember about it, or what you thought of it?
      >
      > - Michael C,

    • dk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1 8:57 AM
        We talked a little tonight about PHP, a web programing language.
        While doing a search for something else I came across this
        interesting article about it. --Dave

        http://www.tophosts.com/articles/1223.htm