Re: article

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 11:13 PM
      Thanks, Dave, for sending this one.

      Yes, I agree with the article. We are blocked from certain sites in the
      UAE, but not all computers here go through the central proxy.
      Educational and corporate entities for example often have their own
      leased lines. And people are not prevented from sending what they want
      in email attachments. Because these things are forbidden by the
      authorities, they are more in demand here than they are in our society
      where sex sites are seen as a nuisance.

      The Arabs do have a dilemma. They have in the past preserved their
      culture by limiting outside influence. But they can no longer do that.
      In the UAE the push is on for the benefits of increased technology and
      the nuisance side of the Internet is not welcome but it is not reacted
      to as stongly or as absolutely as it once was.

      Webheads, how is this dealt with in your countries?

      Vance