chat logs from october 1, on the web

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2000

      I just got out of the hospital from surgery on my knee. All went well. I
      had may laptop with me in the hospital and I was able to get the chat logs
      from last Sunday ready while I was there.

      Sunday, October 1, 2000 -
      http://www.homestead.com/vstevens/files/efi/ch001001.htm - First we head
      that the hurricane nearing Puerto Rico was downgraded to a tropical storm
      and wouldn't be devastating the island after all. Some of us had just
      watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, and China has just started 7
      days of National Day celebrations. Vance was having an operation Tuesday
      and explained about arthroscopic surgery. And we talked about elections in
      the USA and China. Then we talked about ways to learn English online and
      how difficult it is to understand news broadcasts. So we all went to ABC
      News web page at http://abcnews.go.com/ and listened to a broadcast and
      talked a little about what we heard. Moral was going to find a broadcast
      for all of us to listen to. Zoli mentioned http://www.eviews.net as a good
      source of spoken English. Webheads can go to these sites, tell each other
      what they are interested in listening to, and we can all discuss what we
      hear and help each other to understand the spoken English.
      · Tutors online: Vance in the UAE, Maggi in Germany and Michael C in Australia
      · Friends and students: Moral from China, Zoli from Hungary, and John from
      Puerto Rico

      Happy National Day to all our friends in China,